vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road Trip!

Default Road Trip!

Ok, when we finally head down South we will be driving. Right now it appears to be just us making the trip so we are not going to be rushed. My original desire was to find one cache per state on the way down. Melissa was not sure about that idea though we will have to make some stops. Is there ANY stops that anyone out there can recommend? Any sights that are must sees or any really fun caches? We figure we are going to have to stop every few hours anyways to stretch our legs and all. We may even find somewhere mid point to spend the night.

It is Huntersville, North Carolina if anyone wants to look to see where we are going.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

I used to live in Charlotte!

There is so much to see between here there, it could take 1,000 years! How long were you planning to spend?
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

For the ride down we have not set on a specific amount of time but no more than a couple of days.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post

You did? How long ago and where in Charlotte?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post

There is so much to see between here there, it could take 1,000 years! How long were you planning to spend?
    where haven't you lived????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Team V3 View Post
    . Melissa was not sure about that idea though we will have to make some stops. Is there ANY stops that anyone out there can recommend? Any sights that are must sees or any really fun caches?
    Make sure you do a "Caches Along a Route" PQ. And you'll find caches at many of the rest areas along the way - especially the commercial rest stops with restaurants, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Team V3 View Post
    We figure we are going to have to stop every few hours anyways to stretch our legs and all. We may even find somewhere mid point to spend the night.
    Having lived in both Virginia and North Carolina, and driven to Maine from both locations many times, I STRONGLY recommend taking an overnight break 1/2 way.

I believe hoamdezinahs could give you some suggestions if you shoot him an e-mail. He travels to Florida often and knows some quick grabs along the way.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Make sure you do a "Caches Along a Route" PQ. And you'll find caches at many of the rest areas along the way - especially the commercial rest stops with restaurants, etc.

Having lived in both Virginia and North Carolina, and driven to Maine from both locations many times, I STRONGLY recommend taking an overnight break 1/2 way.

I know its a long drive. A couple of years ago we did the long non-stop drive from here to Orlando Florida. I tell you... with 4 kids, 2 cars and a grandmother it was a bit long

Actually, Melissa was mentioning two places she would not mind seeing. Hershey Park and Dolliewood. (Dolliewood I am not sure on for myself as I am NOT a lover of Country music at all). These places are a little bit of a detour but as we don't have a specific day to get down there, we can afford the detours. We are planning on heading out right around Thanksgiving (if we head out ON Thanksgiving we may be able to avoid some traffic). Maybe I will try to log on from the computers at whatever hotel we stay at just to let you all know that all is ok. I am planning to do some PQs on several routes. Maine to Hershey, Hersey to Tennessee, and Tennessee to NC. As a side note....is Geowoodstock ALWAYS in TN?

Actually they are held in different states each year and Tennessee has held it 2 years. Once in Nashville for GW 2 and Bell Buckle this past year. They have been held in Florida,Texas,NC.California,and the next state will be Washington State the home of geocaching.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.