vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you hear! Hollora went over the 2k mark....

Congratulations dear lady. That 2000th cache is a huge milestone. That is an impressive cache too.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Sheesh! i needed that one for the 2001 cache too!

We tried to call you earlier for a "phone a friend" but over there you probably didn't have too much cell service...

grats on the milestone!!!
    Tis true - the voicemail ding dong did not go off til much later! AND - I would do it again in a heart beat.......put me in your truck!

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Congratulations Lois-Ann! I knew 2K was just around the corner and here it is. You're an absolute joy to attend events with and all of your efforts that you do for the cacher's community are so appreciated.

So......and you knew this was coming......you've done TWO THOUSAND caches! Which one was your favorite?
    Yes, I knew the question was coming and I started this answer once and the mystery computer God closed my browser so I hope I can recover some of my thoughts. The list was long.

Hard to pick just one favorite - so here goes (in no particular order): Today at Pocomoonshine Package (thanks Mainiac1957!); caching with my son for #500 on Bald Mountain; with Macfriends on Mt. A for #700; Geowoodstock 5 in NC (caching with the gang from ME at night); caching around Flaggstaff Lake with Francis Family and Ms Amara this fall (and kayakingloon - thanks for the vision with Team Richards to do the Useless Event - and get us up there caching!); a day on Monhegan Island with bgrffjake and becket (miss the TGIF days guys); finishing the Maine DeLorme Challenge with Cache Maine (miss caching with you Cameo - OMG Aroostook County in the rain!!!!??!!); my first find - The Pound in Orrington (thanks Parmachenee); going to Islesford - caching the island and then kayaking over to Warren Island for a weekend camping event: caching on VinalHaven Island with wellsuh and doing all the caches on the island (not just the one at the Ferry Terminal) and loosing my PDA on a trail (no Team2Hunt doesn't have that as a solo trait) - thankfully not far in; the Night cache by Zoltarus in University Forest (that is awesome - loved it!); caching in Quebec City during the Mega Event and going to Morancy Falls for the International Fire Works Shoot; caching in Alaska this past summer and many more.

I feel good about - if get me to the area, I will probably remember it, even after 2000 finds. From Coos Canyon, Thank A Teacher......and the list goes on and on, there really are few caches I haven't enjoyed (some may have frustrated me - but we came out ok in the end).

If there was a memorable guard rail cache, it would be one of Mapachi's at one of his places where the view is awesome but folks just usually speed by (yes, IMHO some GRC can be memorable). Many of these I have taken and posted photos.

Last but not least - my favorite, very favorite part of the sport - is the great friends and people I have met through Geocaching. Geocaching entered my life just before Ralph and I had a life changing event happen. It was this sport, addiction, hobby - whatever you choose to call it, which got me through a very difficult time in my life. It was something which my adult children could enbrace and we have never looked back. Still having fun.

Thank you all for your support. I hope my little list might temp some of you, if you haven't done something I mentioned to perhaps consider it. I am always willing to talk cache - so just ask.

Cache on - cache happy and thank you all for your well wishes.

Sorry we are late on the congrats. It is a good feeling of accomplishment that comes over you with those big numbers. We are glad to know you and are proud to call you a friend. Now on to the next one. See you on the trail
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    Sorry we are late on the congrats. It is a good feeling of accomplishment that comes over you with those big numbers. We are glad to know you and are proud to call you a friend. Now on to the next one. See you on the trail
    Oh Jamie - not late at all. Geesh, it was just a few hours ago (less than 12) that I was stumbling up that tote road and falling down on a trail LOL!

Happy to call you a friend as well. Yes, I will keep trudging along.....in no particular order or sequence - just trudging! See you soon!

Default Hooray!

Way to go Lois!!! You've had a productive summer of caching, for sure. And like others, add me to the list of Maine cachers that appreciate all the thoughtful things you do to support our passion for finding tupperware! You're a class act LA!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default A BIG Congratulations!

Quite a milestone, LA! I get tired just thinking about getting there. But onward and upward. Glad you enjoy caching in Eustis and so glad you can come to the event and bring your lovely family! And you're right, it's all about the places and the people we meet.. not just the Tupperware. Hugs!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Congrats to you Hollora on your big accomplishment....That is alot of memories for sure. I always enjoy seeing you at events and enjoyed the one gathering that we attended at your place. Thanks for all you do. Cache on!!
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!

A house is not a home without a cat.