vb:literal>

Thread: Colorado questions regarding loading

Default Colorado questions regarding loading

I am making progress with gsak. Had all the Stud Mill Road loaded, but the logs and info paragraph did not come through on that attempt. I then deleted my gsak file, since it did not have all the info I wanted, and made a new route from Rockland to Portland to add on to the colorado.Everything came through on GSAK this time.( I returned to default on my filters.That may or may not have been the issue.)
    Then....I wanted to put these on the colorado in addition to stud mill. When they loaded, all the prior stud mill caches are no longer on there. My question is , do you have to keep everything in the gsak file in order not to loose it from the unit when you want to add addtiions? When you connect to the colorado to add more caches, has anyone lost their history as well? I did not think I was anywhere near the maximum. Question two..if you try to add more caches than a unit can hold, how does it handle it? Leave off the newest, or delete the oldest? Does anyone know?
    If you have a card in your unit..which one did you put in?
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

I wish I could help. I own two colorados and still load the caches one at a time. (I know, I know, foolish) It's still better than loading caches and then printing the cache logs. Less paper and easier in the woods.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    I am making progress with gsak. Had all the Stud Mill Road loaded, but the logs and info paragraph did not come through on that attempt. I then deleted my gsak file, since it did not have all the info I wanted, and made a new route from Rockland to Portland to add on to the colorado.Everything came through on GSAK this time.( I returned to default on my filters.That may or may not have been the issue.)
    Then....I wanted to put these on the colorado in addition to stud mill. When they loaded, all the prior stud mill caches are no longer on there. My question is , do you have to keep everything in the gsak file in order not to loose it from the unit when you want to add addtiions? When you connect to the colorado to add more caches, has anyone lost their history as well? I did not think I was anywhere near the maximum. Question two..if you try to add more caches than a unit can hold, how does it handle it? Leave off the newest, or delete the oldest? Does anyone know?
    If you have a card in your unit..which one did you put in?

I don't have the Colorado but I do have the Dakota. It's my experience that when GSAK uploads the new information as "geocaches" that it overwrites the old and does not append it to the end of the existing or current information. If GSAK treats the Dakota similar to the Colorado then it sends a single GPX file with all the information in it and not each cache individually.

I also find that if a file is to big, meaning more than the 2000 waypoints, it simply truncates the file.

I bought a 2 gig micro SD card at Wal-Mart. I think it is a Sansdisk and have had no issues with it. It was relatively inexpensive too.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Ok- I feel like an idiot. I have the Oregon400t..Not the Colorado. Lost my mind.

Thanks tat - I am going to find and research my issues on the wiki oregon page. It appears on the page that you sent that it does overwrite on a colorado when you load on the new page. Maybe the Oregon is the same.

Yeah Im pretty sure they overwrite on just about all of the GPS's. On my old Etrex it can only handle 1000 caches so anything over that it will truncate them as TRF mentioned. I bought a 4 gig card here at a Bi-Lo but can't use it in either my camera or Nuvi as it is a SDHC and not SD. Should have looked at it closer when I bought it. Only paid $10.00 for it so I'm not out that much.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.