vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Queries now include cache attributes!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    The most surprising one to me is the one for snakes. Now where I live now I have seen many snakes but only one poisonous one and that one I saw before I reached down to get the cache fortunately. A small copperhead,just moved it away from the cache with a stick before I went in for the cache.
    Yeah, you would think that if you were in a state with snakes, you'd know it, and would not need the attribute. Kind of like needing a bear attribute here. But perhaps some areas of some states are more heavily populated with snakes than others? And, it might make people visiting from other areas aware snakes are around.

What about "Telephone nearby"???? Do people actually limit their caches to those which have or do not have a telephone nearby? And yet, 66 Maine caches are tagged by that attribute.

And then we have two caches in Maine that require scuba gear?
    Cape Island Cache (GC20HGJ) by BramborovySalat (3.5/5)
    Itlindian Tribute (GC1TMCT) by Ekidokai (1.5/1.5)
    Last edited by brdad; 11-10-2009 at 07:49 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Yeah, you would think that if you were in a state with snakes, you'd know it, and would not need the attribute. Kind of like needing a bear attribute here. But perhaps some areas of some states are more heavily populated with snakes than others? And, it might make people visiting from other areas aware snakes are around.

What about "Telephone nearby"???? Do people actually limit their caches to those which have or do not have a telephone nearby? And yet, 66 Maine caches are tagged by that attribute.

Having done the Tribute cache I can assure you - no scuba gear required - unless the beavers built a dam and it is now in a pond LOL

Thanks to your stats I have discovered another geocacher from Czecho/Slovakia
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Thanks to your stats I have discovered another geocacher from Czecho/Slovakia
    That's very cool.

Thanks to the people in the GSAK forums, here is a full list of Yes/No attributes for all caches ever placed in Maine.

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Wow!

Now there is only one. Don't know how that happened.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    The most surprising one to me is the one for snakes.
    That would have come in handy if my cousin was still around to get into geocaching. She was petrified by snakes. She used to say she'd wet her pants and pass out if she saw one. One time I asked her what would happen if she passed out and landed on the snake, pinning it beneath her. Her reply, "God what a vicious circle."

Default New Attributes

Two new attributes have been added to caches.

- Truck Driver/RV
    - Field Puzzle

I think the Truck Driver/RV attribute could bet misinterpreted a lot. I'd think it was more on an "ample parking" attribute than a cache on the side of the road, which I'd fear many will read it as. But the Field Puzzle attribute could be nice, sometimes it's hard to tell if a puzzle is designed to be solved on site or at home.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

The field puzzle attribute will indeed be helpful. I am sure the GSAK macro folks will have an update shortly that will show us that particular detail on the GPS'r. Bring it on!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    The field puzzle attribute will indeed be helpful. I am sure the GSAK macro folks will have an update shortly that will show us that particular detail on the GPS'r. Bring it on!
    Yes, I see the GSAk folks have already been informed. The Field puzzle attribute is a Yes/No/Not Applicable tag, so caches like my two puzzle caches can be tagged as not being field puzzles (And have already been tagged as such). IMO it's might be more important to label the caches that are not field puzzles than those that are.

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!