vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absent mindedness and settings.

Default Absent mindedness and settings.

Any of you that know me know I am the most absent minded person allowed to roam.

I get lost at the end of my driveway. Ever walk into a room and can't remember why? That's me most of the time. Probably all the crazy things going on in my head. Ghost, fires, caching and other stuff.

My friends got me a Nuvi last Black Friday to help me out. Greatest thing ever. Better than sliced bread. (what was I saying now...oh yeah) Anyway I love it. Use it every time I get in the van for anything.

So I'm in Salem Mass doing some paranormal stuff for a couple of days. While walking around seeing the sights at night people kept coming up to me asking me to tell them where stuff is. I couldn't figure out why they picked me, but anyway. So I changed my Nuvi to pedestrian so I could help them out. Worked great.

Now as we are getting done with our work down there I decide to see what is around for caches. I load them up to GSAK and my handheld. That's when the trouble started.

The Nuvi went crazy. It seemed possessed. It kept trying to take me up the wrong way on one way streets. Seemed every one way street it would seek it out and do the same thing. Around and about some of the most crazy streets I have ever seen. Some of those streets are real narrow and not meant for stupid Mainers. Found some really interesting paces going those routes, but it seemed to be trying to kill us.

Now the people with me have seen this before. Before I had the Nuvi this would be a common occurrence. No matter what I did I could not seem to get anywhere near any of these caches. Finally I just decide to go where it said to and the wrong way streets be damned. After quite the carnival ride and over a sidewalk or two we got to a cache. Found it and punched in the go home function.

The Nuvi took forever to calculate the route. After driving around in circles just inching closer to home and recalculating at every turn, I shut the thing off. Tried it the old fashioned way. Didn't like it at all.

Today after thinking on it a few minutes and getting some rest I realized I had not reprogrammed the Nuvi to automobile from pedestrian. That really screwed things up. It would not let me get on any of the highways as walkers are not allowed.

Watch your settings. These things are great. found me gas stations, Any kind of food I wanted, lodging and attractions. Just remember to reset the thing if you change anything. Or just don't change anything. No good deed goes unpunished.

Oh yeah, did meet up with EMS Daniel at a stop along the way and had a nice talk. It actually was worth it to get to see great cachers out in the wild.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Well you know how to fix that , Mike...

Hmm, what was I going to say?
    What were we talking about?

I think I have Ekidokai Syndrome!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

When you said it was taking you down one way streets the wrong way - I knew exactly what had happened.........................now, what was I doing?

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    When you said it was taking you down one way streets the wrong way - I knew exactly what had happened.
    Sheesh! He bought a Garmin! I think...

Default Huh?

Did you say Mike is a stud or that he works in mill? Where are my cufflinks?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Uh-oh! It's contagious! Now, can someone tell me why I'm in this dress? And why do I have a little dog in a picnic basket?
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Default We're not in Kansas, Toto!

Follow the yellow brick road Native Mainer and you'll be okay!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I had that same thing happen from not switching it back to driving from pedestrian mode...We were trying to get back to LAX from the Santa Monica Pier and the nuvi was freaking out and then we were too since we didn't really have any written directions...took us awhile to figure it our - almost missed our exit...it was handy to havin in pedestrian mode though...esp looking for restaurants, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! He bought a Garmin! I think...
    Funny you should mention that... I like beer to!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Follow the yellow brick road Native Mainer and you'll be okay!
    There's a song that used to be played on the old Dr. Demento show called Existential Blues. In it, the guy has come across the Munchkins who send him down the Yellow Brick Road. He looks at the road and says "I've been down roads before with yellow lines, but never one this wide."

And now back to our regularly scheduled program, already in progress.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.