vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veterans Day!

I would like to add that there are a couple of events each summer that the car club community puts on to help our veteran's in a small way. At two of the hospitals.. Togus and the veteran's hospital in Mass. The Corvette community gathers with a couple hundred Corvettes and raises thousands of dollars for the hospital with donations for just basic things that the veteran's are not provided at that hospital. People bring Lap robes, basic toiletries,games, etc. which fill a trailer truck. Also, monetary donations are included. Check out vettestovets.org website toread about that and if you are willing to donate some year, we would gladly accept. I will have all the info. Also, in August, all Maine car clubs gather at Togus and do the same with donations and a show for our Veteran's. Veteran's that are able are out on the field with us. Money for their activiy funds are needed, and just basic needs items that are not provided. Too bad!! Anyone is welcome to come to that event. Possilby the geocaching community could do a drive for gifts for needed items at some summer gathering if we wanted to give back to our veterans. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Waterski; 11-12-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: web page address and spelling error
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    I would like to add that there are a couple of events each summer that the car club community puts on to help our veteran's in a small way. At two of the hospitals.. Togus and the veteran's hospital in Mass. The Corvette community gathers with a couple hundred Corvettes and raises thousands of dollars for the hospital with donations for just basic things that the veteran's are not provided at that hospital. People bring Lap robes, basic toiletries,games, etc. which fill a trailer truck. Also, monetary donations are included. Check out vettestovets.org website toread about that and if you are willing to donate some year, we would gladly accept. I will have all the info. Also, in August, all Maine car clubs gather at Togus and do the same with donations and a show for our Veteran's. Veteran's that are able are out on the field with us. Money for their activiy funds are needed, and just basic needs items that are not provided. Too bad!! Anyone is welcome to come to that event. Possilby the geocaching community could do a drive for gifts for needed items at some summer gathering if we wanted to give back to our veterans. Just a thought.

I've been to one of these and was more than happy to donate but I have one question...Why is it that just about every Corvette owner out there has a mustache?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Ha! Good question. Probably to keep your face warm while you are riding in a convertible.

Along with thanking our Veteran's for their service to all of us, I would also like to extend thanks to all of their spouses, children and extended family for all that they do and all the sacrifices they also make. This is especially difficult during these long deployments. Thank you all, every day.