vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You Least Favorite Hiding Place?

Default You Least Favorite Hiding Place?

A subject I don't remember discussing before is: What type of hiding place do you like the least?

We have two we really hate to see: the container hidden in a very dense evergreen shrub, or the container hidden in a rock wall.

Sheesh! These are very often hidden in high-muggle areas, and it's very hard to look casual when your moving branches aside, or taking small rocks out of walls and peering behind.

And then there was the cache in Hawaii - hidden in a cactus hedge, but that's another thread. LOL!

I don't like hides on, in, or around electrical equipment. Makes me very nervous.

I have seen many rock walls destroyed by people searching for a cache there. If you are going to place a cache near a rock wall at least say "It is not in the rock wall" in the description.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Mine has to be caches in structures which require removal or opening of parts of such structures. Fence post caps, electrical equipment, head stones, lamp posts, telephone booth access panels, wooden pegs, sprinkler heads, bricks/rocks in a wall, and so on. While they are some of the most clever and fun hides, they often promote people to tear things apart nearby or on the next cache. And children who see parents do that often do not understand the implications involved in that and will promote them doing the same, which is even more dangerous in the case of electrical equipment.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Micros in the woods! I like a good micro hide when the small size is needed to keep muggles from finding the cache (lots of urban caches here), but when you are 2 miles into the woods, how about some tupperware or a nice ammo box? The reason for the micro size (IMO) is to avoid being found by unintended people.

The ones that are right on a busy road with no where to stop or stand even. I have been to three recently that I really didn't like. In the high traffic times of day I can see trouble.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default The Agonizer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Micros in the woods! I like a good micro hide when the small size is needed to keep muggles from finding the cache (lots of urban caches here), but when you are 2 miles into the woods, how about some tupperware or a nice ammo box? The reason for the micro size (IMO) is to avoid being found by unintended people.
    This one is the extreme of micros in the woods!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...2-09f863f251bb

Default Sometimes it goes to far.

I have not come across a hide yet that I really disliked, at least not one that sticks in my head. I have heard of caches that look like wasp nests, dog feces and bubble gum. Look, If I won't touch it normally, do people really think that I'm going to try and find a log in that?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Sheesh! Just today we passed up a cache named "Do you hate micros in the woods?". LOL!

+1 . . . I'm not anti-micro . . . I just figure for every size there is a place and vice versa . . . and hiding a micro in middle of the woods just isn't right . . . I usually think of it as the lazy or cheap cacher who goes this route. Besides, my opinion has always been it's easy to conceal a micro really well . . . but oftentimes it can be much more of a challenge to conceal a regular cache well once you get by the usual pile of rocks, pile of sticks and hollow stumps.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."