vb:literal>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: You Least Favorite Hiding Place?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    On hints:
    I don't need it to tell me which exit to get off the interstate to get to the parking area, I'm past that at this point. THAT should be in the cache description, if it's needed. Give me something relevant to the moment at hand.
    It supposed to be in waypoints. I hate to enter it manually into GPS, why bother with explaining, I won't read it anyway. Just add waypoints. How to get there, where to park.
    Moo

Love it or hate it, I intentionally leave waypoints out of a few of my caches so cahers have to enter them in manually. That's why the grids in battleship are hidden and why a few of my woods caches don't have the child waypoints. It's not all about having it easy!

But I agree, the hints are no place for them.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Argh

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Love it or hate it, I intentionally leave waypoints out of a few of my caches so cahers have to enter them in manually. That's why the grids in battleship are hidden and why a few of my woods caches don't have the child waypoints. It's not all about having it easy!

Now that you mention it Battleship would have been easier if there were a way to grab then, but I enjoy entering them by hand anyway. If the coordinates were a lot more accurate on some of those Battleship locations it would have been more fun and interesting. I kept thinking, holy crap I wonder how many adult beverages you had when doing those.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Now that you mention it Battleship would have been easier if there were a way to grab then, but I enjoy entering them by hand anyway. If the coordinates were a lot more accurate on some of those Battleship locations it would have been more fun and interesting. I kept thinking, holy crap I wonder how many adult beverages you had when doing those.
    Hmmm, I visited all of sites several times when placing the cache verifying the coordinates. I did the entire cache 3 different ways to help verify there was only one answer. I have had very few reports of any of those locations being off. I had more trouble making sure the final was right, and have double checked that at least 50 times.

Do you suppose you might have entered a few of the locations incorrectly because you had to do them manually?
    I always welcome input on the coordinates of any of my caches or the stages thereof. If you or anyone else know which stages you think are off, feel free to email me with your coordinates and I will look into it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I wasn't a paying member when I did battle ship so I wouldn't have access to WPs anyway, however I did not enter them manually. I wrote a simple regular expression to extract all coords from the table and saved them into format my GPS could read
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    On hints:
    How about "Under the rock" and you are in a gravel pit?
    Or "in the pine tree" and you are in the woods in Maine?
    IF you put a hint, make it useful. If I'm standing in the woods decyphering a hint, I don't need it to tell me which exit to get off the interstate to get to the parking area, I'm past that at this point. THAT should be in the cache description, if it's needed. Give me something relevant to the moment at hand.
    Yup, Yup !!
    and the one that puts GZ on a rock pile and the hint is...
    " It's not in the rock pile ??? Ha, Oh Brother!!

Default Multi's

Battleship was a great cache regardless of having to enter the coords manually or not and as I recall, they were all pretty well on in regards to what you were to be looking for. Brewer by the Numbers, Hampden Highlights (archived), and Tic-Tac-Bangor were all a lot of fun as they build up the anticipation of the final. Alex's Monster Multiple Nightmare was a different story.

Of all cachers, there is one member that comes to mind that has hints that are really hard to make sense of when you get to GZ and can't come up with the find. I still haven't figured this cacher out but will eventually then those caches will be off my list.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

When I started Battleship, I didn't even know how to put coords in my GPS! I stood on the sidewalk downtown and walked around until the numbers were going in the right direction. I quickly figured out how to plug in numbers.

Hmmm, I visited all of sites several times when placing the cache verifying the coordinates. I did the entire cache 3 different ways to help verify there was only one answer. I have had very few reports of any of those locations being off. I had more trouble making sure the final was right, and have double checked that at least 50 times.

Do you suppose you might have entered a few of the locations incorrectly because you had to do them manually?
    I always welcome input on the coordinates of any of my caches or the stages thereof. If you or anyone else know which stages you think are off, feel free to email me with your coordinates and I will look into it.
    I didn't mean to be critical, just talking out loud...or what ever. I still have the coordinates and I'll get with you sometime. The final was right on and that was probably most important.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I didn't mean to be critical, just talking out loud...or what ever. I still have the coordinates and I'll get with you sometime. The final was right on and that was probably most important.
    No problem, I m always willing to listen to input!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!