vb:literal>

Thread: Where to buy new maps for gps??

Default Where to buy new maps for gps??

Hi! I just bought my first GPS EVER WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Any way. Where is a good place to buy some maps for is. I would like one for street and topo for hikes...
    Thanks alot

Where and if what maps you can buy depend on what GPSr you have. What did you buy?

Welcome to the site and to caching and GPSr ownership!

Your duplicate post has been deleted.
    Last edited by brdad; 11-11-2009 at 03:35 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Hi! Welcome to the site and congrats on your GPS!

Like brdad said, the maps you buy will depend on the unit you have. I just want to point out... before you pay for your maps, check to see if you get a free map update first. When we bought our Garmin Nuvi it cam preloaded with maps that were 1 year old. A friend just bought the same model and was given a code that allowed him to download recent maps for free. I don't know if the free maps are a new benefit or if I had just overlooked it, but make sure you check to see what you are entitled to

Actually, I've had good luck buying buying Garmin update maps (micro SD cards) for my Garmin GPSMap 60csx on eBay. I bought Europe last year prior to our trip and sold it on eBay when we got back for only $15 less than I paid for it. And when I wanted to update our Street Atlas USA maps, i got the micro SD card on eBay for a very good price. And I'm VERY pleased that I got the SD card instead of a CD version. No worrying about "did I load the maps for this trip?" like I had done so many times in the past.

Is it legal to resell it?
    Moo

Thanks for the welcome!
    I bought a Garmin gpsmap 60CSx .
    I have wanted a GPS for years now so I bought it for myself for my 33rd B day
    Ebay hmmmmmmm

Default Free...

I tend to be pretty cheap and use the free resources that are out there before I pay for anything. Check out this map set for New England. Its a great resource for topo maps as well as includes just about every street in the state, right down to fire lanes and dirt roads.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Is it legal to resell it?
    Yes - to sell the SD card. If you were to load maps from a CD onto your GPSr and then sell the CD, it would be illegal (I guess). But Garmin only allows 2 GPSr's to be registered per CD map copy, anyway.

Many times, when you buy a CD from eBay or other reseller, it is an OEM copy that was issued with a new GPSr, and one registration has already been used on the original GPSr.

downloading now.
    thanks guys.