vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello All and Just wondering something

Default Hello All and Just wondering something

Hi Everyone, my husband and I are new to geocaching and live in the augusta/waterville area. Is there any good places in our area to purchase geocaching supplies? I have seen several places on the web but would rather shop locally if I can.

thanks
    Pam

Default Welcome

You just FTF'd one of my caches earlier this week! Not a bad start, it took me a year to get one. Unfortunately, this area does not have a great source of geo-supplies. For ammo cans, I typically shop stores in Brewer and Belfast. Almost everything else I've purchased on-line. Delorme, down in Yarmouth has a shelf with stickers and lock-n-lock containers. For some of my caches, I found the idea online and purchased materials at local Home Depots. I'm looking forward to FTFing one of your caches soon!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Delorme also has Travel Bugs but you have to ask at the counter. What kind of supplies are you looking for? If you are looking for Ammo Boxes to hide a cache in, they usually have a decent selection of those at Army Barracks in Scarborough (by the Bull Moose store). For swag and trade goods you can often find it at dollar stores.... Also, I have found bulk packages of mini notebooks and pencils/pens at Big Lots.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

if you are interested i work at burgerking in augusta, you are more then welcome to come in and ask me questions. what supplies are you looking for: containers, gps,trackables? i might have the answers if not people here on the site will. we have all picked up something somewhere its just a matter of what your looking for. stop in i work tonight and will be there by three.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

WOW you all are a wealth of information hehe

Not looking for anything in specific yet just wondering what was around here. We hit up the dollar store for some swag for the caches already...tried to find some intresting things the kids would like in there that would be something different too. I just ordered something online but cant say what as it will be going into my husbands stocking for Christmas this year and he may be reading this hehe

Thanks Fins2right for the cache this week. Had great fun being the FTF but more fun rubbing it into my brother who has been doing this longer than us and hasnt gotten one yet hehe (see how I am?)

It seems like a super bunch of people around the area doing this and I think we will really enjoy getting into the whole geocache thing. Besides it gives me something to have in common with the big brother and his wife too. still have to get to my brothers 2 chaches. (he is rcwhit)

Thanks for all the info on where to look for things. Will have to stop into delorme next time we are down that way. Will have to make it to burgerking and pick your brain one day too hide from the kids. (love the nick)

Thanks again all
    Pam

I started putting together a small geocaching supply corner in my store a couple of weeks ago. People who have been in to pick up their coins had some nice things to say about it. Not much selection yet, but I am now a Rite-in-the-Rain dealer and have printed up micro logs on the paper. I have some magnets, preforms (test-tube sized water tight containers) in various paint finishes and am working on becoming a dealer for Bison (as in the nice metal tubes). I'm also trying to get a couple PALLETS of ammo boxes, we'll see on that. Figured that I was here 6 days a week, may as well have a spot for people jonesing for a nifty cache container
    Brewer is a fair drive from Waterville, but if you're in the area, stop by.

hey great! We have family up that way so next time we are going I will have to pm you and get the name of the store so we can stop by and check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    hey great! We have family up that way so next time we are going I will have to pm you and get the name of the store so we can stop by and check it out!
    Name of the store? Sheesh! You're a geocacher! The coordinates are:

N44 45.590 W068 48.160

LOL!

Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

LOL to funny folks! Thanks for everything ! you guys are awsome!