vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello all and supplemental question to wife's

I am also a recent owner of the Oregon 400t and it has worked out well the little time I have had it. If you set the background maps to white it helps out on the dim issue of the screen. That really has not been a real problem to me yet, but some people have mentioned that issue.
    The touch screen has worked well.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Hi Kev! Did I create a GeoMainiac when I took JustPJ66 on a hunt last month? Glad to see your both getting into it. Lets get together someday for some Geocaching!

Default Geocaching

Quote Originally Posted by rcwhit View Post
    Hi Kev! Did I create a GeoMainiac when I took JustPJ66 on a hunt last month? Glad to see your both getting into it. Lets get together someday for some Geocaching!
    Sure, come on over and we'll see if we can get you a FTF like we got!!

Thanks to all the answers. Can't say as we'll be going Garmin any time soon with the prices for the touch screens. Just a tad out of the budget considering we just bought the new Magellan.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Hi all. I'm JustPJ66's husband. Supplemental question to hers, what do you think of Garmin GPS's, specifically the ones with touchscreen. She's not impressed with what we're seeing with the Magellan Triton 400 (neither am I) and she's thinking maybe we should go Garmin. It's her idea for the touch screen. Hey, she's letting me buy a new laptop to go with our new geocaching hobby so I can't complain.
    Having seen Hiram357's new toy I would say as a long-time Magellan user I was impressed . . . but then again even before I wasn't really blown away with the Tritons . . . seemed like they were trying to be the Swiss army knife of geocaches and unfortunately in my previous experience with products that try to do many things, they end up doing a lot of stuff, but none of that stuff is done particularly well (i.e. the Swiss army knife example). For the time being I'll stick with my older, less flashy Explorist 210 . . . but perhaps some day in the future when I get more active again. . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    well, we haven't had enough snow for me to do that yet. But that GPS is currently still located over in buckfield (for about the last 2years) I think I have a pretty good idea of where it's at too, I've narrowed it down to about 2 sq miles where it can be.... (and I bet it still works too!)
    Well it 'tis the season . . . you gonna go hunting for it this Fall?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Well it 'tis the season . . . you gonna go hunting for it this Fall?
    probably not, I don't feel too much like driving 3hrs to go hunting...

and I didn't plan ahead and find a spot up this way ahead of time...

but I've been tryin pretty hard to get em with the truck, but they're to darn fast!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.