vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So much paper!

I've heard the coffee is expensive there, is that true Ekidokai???

Not at all and it's very good.

I mean I don't know, never been anywhere near there except to look at the fire.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default So Close!

OK I have downloaded GSAK and have downloaded a Pocket Query file into it. The file it creates is a LOC file. Is there a way to change the program so it downloads a GPX file instead of the LOC. I like the extra info that the GPX file has, but can only load the GPX files into the GSAK program 1 by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by rcwhit View Post
    OK I have downloaded GSAK and have downloaded a Pocket Query file into it. The file it creates is a LOC file. Is there a way to change the program so it downloads a GPX file instead of the LOC. I like the extra info that the GPX file has, but can only load the GPX files into the GSAK program 1 by 1.
    What? You mean download a GPX file FROM GC.COM, instead of a LOC file?

When you set up the parameters for the pocket query, at the bottom of the form, you have a choice of downloading GPS or LOC. Make sure you have it set to the one you want.

As for loading the PQ into GSAK, double-click on the attachment to the message (the PQ file) and transfer it to your desktop. Then you can just "drag and drop" the file onto the GSAK icon and it will self-load. You have to do this for each PQ you've download, but it's otherwise painless.

Brdad has and article explaining how to do this on the front page.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Thanks Ekidokai, I missed that. That helped alot. Just think, someday I'll know enough to be dangerous!

Thanks Ekidokai, I missed that. That helped alot. Just think, someday I'll know enough to be dangerous!

Big brothers just shouldn't say things like this when their bratty little sisters can read it!!!!! hehe

If you are already using GSAK, you probably ALREADY know enough to be dangerous. Watch out little sister.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Unhappy Not that dangerous yet!

Well . . . I downloaded the caches to my GPS from the GSAK program and went Geocaching. I noticed that where the GC # used to be is a abbreviated title. Now I didn't think too much about that at first, but when I got home and tried to log the finds on Geocaching.com and didn't have the exact GC #, thats where things went bad. I tried to type in the abbreviated name into search box and the site came up with 40 or 50 related caches that it could be. To make a long story short, (or is it too late!) is there a way to make the GSAK program write the GC # into the GPS instead of the abbreviated name?

Well . . . I downloaded the caches to my GPS from the GSAK program and went Geocaching. I noticed that where the GC # used to be is a abbreviated title. Now I didn't think too much about that at first, but when I got home and tried to log the finds on Geocaching.com and didn't have the exact GC #, thats where things went bad. I tried to type in the abbreviated name into search box and the site came up with 40 or 50 related caches that it could be. To make a long story short, (or is it too late!) is there a way to make the GSAK program write the GC # into the GPS instead of the abbreviated name?
    Yes.

In GSAK, click on "gps", then "send waypoints".

This will bring up the "send waypoints to GPS" screen, Towards the bottom right of the sscreen, you'll see a block that says "Waypoint Description Format (comments)". Change "Waypoint by" to "code", then download the waypoints to your GPSr.

Now the listing on the GPSr will show the name of the cache, the cache GCXXXXX code, and the person who placed it.

(Sheesh! I just went to the car in underwear and slippers to get my GPSr to test this! LOL!)