vb:literal>

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have a Netbook?

I did.....but wasn't there. At any rate, have fun with it and wouldn't mind seeing an update on how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I don't think any of you clicked on TeamHorwich's original link, which was to the Gateway for sale on Woot. My link was to a comparison review of the Acer and the Gateway (and the Gateway came out ahead!) LOL!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Maybe you're talking about Mike of "The G Team", who used to be an active geocacher and active on these forums? He's worked on my computers a couple of times when I got stumped. Haven't heard from him in a while...
    I love the internet for researching products. Independent tests like we've had in magazines for years can be helpful. The reliability and customer service reports by online users can be priceless. It's great when you have repair shops locally that will give you the low down on the long term wisdom of some purchases.

I'm not sure if it's Mike I'm thinking of....I'd have to check w/someone. The family has owned many gateway LTs over the years.....most of them bought cheaply from e-bay because they couldn't be repaired. They were salvaged for a particular purpose, like large screen picture framed slideshow machines.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

and now this...http://woot.com/

Acer Aspire One 10.1" Netbook

$229.99

• + $5 shipping

Link takes me to something else.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    WOOT used to sell one item per day (starting at midnight) - when the item was gone, that was it, but you could see what it was. Now, they have continuing sales. When one items sells out, they put up another one.

I learned that the other day when I bought the netbook. Checking WOOT is one of the first things I do every morning when I log onto the computer, and I wouldn't check it again because I thought that was the item "for the day". I was surprised when Team Horwich posted the link to the Gateway Netbook a few hours later. I'll have to check WOOT more often. LOL!

Default Woot Off

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Thats because today is a Woot Off. Woot.com sells only one item every day. When the item is gone, they don't update until the following day. Every once and while, they have a lot of miscellaneous left over items and they have a Woot Off (indicated by the flashing lights) and they sell those items until they run out. As soon as they run out of that item, they update the site to something new. Woot Off's are great. It could be two minutes or 2 hours between new items. I'm sure that Acer didn't last long at that price. If you utilize Twitter, you can follow Woot or Woot Off and get updates to your phone as soon as the item changes.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

2 other great sites to check out are Steep and Cheap and Whiskey Militia. They both are daily sites and you can download a snipit so you can get up to the second notices of the items they have for sale at that time. You have to act quickly too as I have found out on many occasions. Both sites items are at least 50% off.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Thats because today is a Woot Off. Woot.com sells only one item every day. When the item is gone, they don't update until the following day. Every once and while, they have a lot of miscellaneous left over items and they have a Woot Off (indicated by the flashing lights) and they sell those items until they run out.
    Must have had 2 "Woot Off's" this week, then! LOL! (And I always thought the flashing yellow lights meant that the item was almost sold out. Silly me...

(OK - I just listened to the Woot podcast - it's a three-day "Woot-off", I guess. I'm too old to learn new things...)

Nah, you made me to think about getting one too. I'm looking for something very small, slim and lightweight. Maybe something like holora or hiram has, can you give me exact model name?
    Moo

Here is a good price for this notebook. I don't own one but the price of this one seems to be reasonable.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)