vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Maine Geocoin Design!

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1-Portland Headlight

57 48.72%
  • Option 2-Maine Dirigo Seal

60 51.28%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote now for your favorite Maine Geocoin Design!

Of course, it does say "Commercial use" Maybe someone should contact the state, this vote may not even make a difference if the seal will not be allowed.

And I'll dare be political enough to say that the state sounds like it's worded just right so it can be manupulated the way the highest priced lawyer wants to interpret it.

Default Use an older design?

The link posted above tells a little bit of how the came to look the way it does today. If we are not allowed to use the current seal, perhaps we could use one of the older, historic designs. I'd like to see the one with the sextant instead of the anchor! (But, that's just shameless cache promotion.)

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    The link posted above tells a little bit of how the came to look the way it does today. If we are not allowed to use the current seal, perhaps we could use one of the older, historic designs. I'd like to see the one with the sextant instead of the anchor! (But, that's just shameless cache promotion.)
    I personally would be EXTREMELY surprised if the Governor's office did not approve the use of the State seal for our geocoin.

We just need to make sure we present the case properly. And I'm waiting for one of the "principals" of the geocoin effort to step up to the plate...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I personally would be EXTREMELY surprised if the Governor's office did not approve the use of the State seal for our geocoin.

We just need to make sure we present the case properly. And I'm waiting for one of the "principals" of the geocoin effort to step up to the plate...
    Principals? There's more than one?

Letter has been sent.
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 05-16-2005 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    Principals? There's more than one?

Letter has been sent.
    You did note the "" qualifier when I said "Principals", didn't you?

Post Oh yeah...

It's time to clear the assumptions. For anyone who does not know, I am the coin project leader. If you have any comments or questions, please ask me directly. Even better yet, PM or email me so that I am notified immediately.

There are many people who have helped me along the way and continue to be an integral part in the process and I thank them for all that they have done. Those people know who they are.

As this process picks up speed, I will need additional people to assist in making it a success. If you are interested in offering your assistance, please PM or email me and let me know. I currently have several tasks that need immediate attention. A lot of the work entails bouncing ideas back and worth and coming up with a worthwhile solution, some of the other things involve reviewing the speadsheets I have to ensure preorders/orders are tabulated correctly and investigating how other geocoins are handled. I also need someone to work with this list to make it perfect, and someone to further research the non-profit aspect. These fine interworkings of the plan are to be handled off this forum. The less people I have to help, the longer the process will take.

For those who help with the process whole heartedly, they will surely reap the benefits in the end!

Have you guys got a price on each. It would make it easier for my to talk with my accountant (wifey) and get some money up after I find out how much.

BTW I am interested in 3.

The designer said that he looked into the copyright thing and we can us it.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    The designer said that he looked into the copyright thing and we can us it.
    Yeah, but did you check with the "Coin Project Leader"? LOL!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by lefty
    Have you guys got a price on each.
    I don't have concrete prices at this point lefty, but we are getting there. You can put in a interest request for three and that will cost you about $15.00.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Yeah, but did you check with the "Coin Project Leader"? LOL!
    It's pretty bad when you have to explain it, but I completely miss the humor in that statement. Oh well!
    Last edited by Cache Maine; 05-17-2005 at 09:43 PM.