vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Maine Geocoin Design!

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1-Portland Headlight

57 48.72%
  • Option 2-Maine Dirigo Seal

60 51.28%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Vote now for your favorite Maine Geocoin Design!

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo

It's pretty bad when you have to explain it, but I completely miss the humor in that statement. Oh well!
    Not really humor, but a friendly jibe at Rick's statement that the designer had told him it was OK to use the State Seal. Since you're the "Coin Project Leader" and mentioned that you had asked the Governor's office for permission to use it, it should be your decision, not the designer's.

The designer told several people (including myself) at the event at Geaghan's that it would be ok to use the state seal. As for a decision about the seal the group is making the decision which design to choose so there is no decision by the coin promoter. And there is no harm in having a backup in case the designer was wrong and also as a way to get a little more publicity by contacting the Governor's office.

Wow, my vote counted!! Have you ever felt your vote didn't matter because the othe guy would have won anyway?

I had one other time when my vote would have counted. I lived in Charleston, Maine and the town had a referendum to allow beer sales. I campainged and got the word out to everyone I knew. When the day came, I forgot. Because I forgot, my two roomates forgot. The referendum lost by two votes. My favorite convience store had to close due to lack of business.

Don't forget to vote!!

I really like the first image, plus the geocaching history involved. The Maryland Geocaching Society is now going through a similar process are exploring designs.

The Great State of Maine has been known for much more than lighthouses yet the inland and non-coastal parts are in much greater need of promotion. Therefore I believe the option 2 better represents our state.

Wow both coins look great! I can tell this is going to be a close poll. Whichever you decide I'd love to get in on the ordering!

Default Tough Choice

I guess I prefer Option 1, as I think it will be more appreciated by those that find it. To be quite honest, I think the Maine Seal is a bit boring.

Thumbs up I Voted Today

It took the whole family to decide, both were nice, but the seal represents the whole state and the many differnt things about it.

As a non-Maine resident, I like how ya'll are sticking together on the seal & the pride it represents. I'm originally from Alabama, and when I think "Maine" I think of lighthouses and lobsters. But as I said, I'm not from Maine... so I refrain from voting! (I just like watching the progress!)

joefrog

Talking Hard decision!!!

Well, I had to put in the tie-breaker tonight... 37-37! You'll have to guess which one I voted for. The wife and I politely disagreed on which to vote for (but it's my login, and my vote!!!), however we both agreed that they are awesome designs, and we'd love to have some of each. Hopefully, more will be made too with some of the great ideas people have had here (Katahdan, etc.). We'd be interested in about 10 of them, regardless of which great design wins...

Many thanks to all involved in this project!