vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Maine Geocoin Design!

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1-Portland Headlight

57 48.72%
  • Option 2-Maine Dirigo Seal

60 51.28%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Vote now for your favorite Maine Geocoin Design!

Tough choice. I like the idea of the seal representing more than the coastal region, but my heart lies with the coast, since that is where my relatives live. My sister lived in Gorham, near Portland too, and that makes me lean towards the Lighthouse, because I've been there and wandered the grounds. And when one thinks Maine, one thinks lobstah, and and rocky coasts spotted with islands, and Acadia. I do try to take the inland route when coming and going. It's just as pretty. I like the lakes too. I can't decide. So I'll go on the aesthetics of the picture itself and vote for the lighthouse. But I only have relatives in Maine, and I cache in Maine and I visit a lot, and I love Maine very much, but I don't live in Maine. So if it comes to a tie, you don't have to count my vote. But please, don't call me a flatlander.
    Cache you later,
    Planet

I like option #1

Thumbs up Portland HeadLight

We voted for the Portland HeadLight because we like it better!! No long, drawn out explanations.

We like Option 1. Team Pinepoint
    Team Pinepoint

Not even close, #1 by far. Still remember the last time I flew into Portland near sunset and we circled the lighthouse coming in. Breathtaking.

I voted for #2 because it represents the whole state of Maine and not just the southern tourest area.
    Rocky

Gotta vote for #1 but then again you can toss my vote if you wish as I am from Seattle.

Question Maine votes?

I'm sorry, but I thought this was going to be decided but people that live in the state and not coin collectors? I appoligize if I've hurt anyones feelings, but this was discussed at a get together. How do the rest of you feel about this subject? Am I alone on this opinion? Speak up and be heard!
    Happy Trails!

We should at least be very clear who we want to have vote. It looks like we are asking everybody regardless of where they live. With just 5 days left, it may be too late to change the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I'm sorry, but I thought this was going to be decided but people that live in the state and not coin collectors? I appoligize if I've hurt anyones feelings, but this was discussed at a get together. How do the rest of you feel about this subject? Am I alone on this opinion? Speak up and be heard!
    Sorry, Brad, but the people "from away" were not at the get-together. Nor is there any mention in this thread that the vote was in any way restricted to members from Maine - I just re-read all the posts.

Further, the poll on the start page says nothing about "Mainers only".

And from the poll results, people are pretty much evenly divided on their favorite anyway. I like both designs, and even though I have a preference, I would be happy with either.

Maybe we should just flip a geocoin?