vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bug questions

We left a lobster TB and a loon TB in Las Vegas to race back to Maine. One went to California and disappeared and one got muggled and went missing after 1 hop. We also had a wire mosquito that went missing after a couple of short hops. Not much luck with TB's here. We do have coins that have had some pretty impressive jaunts. Go figure the wire mosquito goes missing and the coins move along.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

ya i wondered about the coins...some of those are quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I have a TB or two out there. I like this one...Ekidokai's Okeydokey Mobile ....

If I come across this TB should I move it to the next cache? Just want to do my part.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    WOW you folks just blew my idea of a travel bug out of the water !!! a cement block, a fridge door?!?!?!?!?! well i dont think anything I come up with would be that intresting hehe. Thanks for the answers. Way cool!
    "Cindy the Cinderblock" appears to be stuck. It's been in the hands of a cacher in Ohio since May.

Travel Bugs are one of our favorite parts of geocaching. Our "Geomaine Furby" TB (also currently stuck! ), has been photographed on the Great Wall of China (see page 9 of the TB logs), and one of our "Maine Chickadee Plate" TB's has been photographed with the girls at Hooters in Shanghai, China (page 3 of TB logs). Sadly this TB is also among the missing...

I hand painted two wooden fire engines . . . one was a Unity FD Truck and the other a Bangor FD Truck . . . I then set them loose on a race to a cache near my sister in Alaska . . . I forget which one won . . . I think they're still out there somewhere . . . just wandering.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Coins

So, how long do you think the new Maine coin limited edition would last if placed into circulation? I have a lot of nice unactivated geocoins I'd like to put out but my average on coins is about 3 hops and gone. I do give away a lot of coins and actually enjoy that more then having somebody I don't know help themselves to them. Would it be an inappropriate request to request that certain coins are only to placed in caches available to premium members only?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Sounds reasonable. That said, I don't think it will make any difference though. Be willing to bet they will still go MIA. While I'm not really heavy into coins, I am enjoying the few I have. The Maine Pirate Quest event coin only travels with me to events. The new Maine coin, limited edition, travels with me cache to cache. I think I will produce a facsimile of the other Maine coin and send that out. Still can tracked, still can move from cache to cache. Can't remember who or how, but someone has already done this I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    So, how long do you think the new Maine coin limited edition would last if placed into circulation? I have a lot of nice unactivated geocoins I'd like to put out but my average on coins is about 3 hops and gone. I do give away a lot of coins and actually enjoy that more then having somebody I don't know help themselves to them. Would it be an inappropriate request to request that certain coins are only to placed in caches available to premium members only?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I suspect that the LE would evaporate before you could even get the container closed!
    I haven't placed many coins around here, but I did place a 2007 Maine coin
    http://www.geocaching.com/track/deta...b-c60a5866c69b
    in a cache in Crete 1 1/2 years ago, it went to Sweden and now it's in Germany making the rounds at events. At least it's still getting logs. (Over 10,000 miles and 95 logs so far!)
    Overseas coins seem to have a longer lifespan.

Default Spooky Face

I had some fun going through all the junk I had laying around the house to come up with an original idea or two. This was the funnest one I came up with. I really hope people will actually post some pictures with it, otherwise its not as fun.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Would it be an inappropriate request to request that certain coins are only to placed in caches available to premium members only?
    I think you should feel free to request what you want on your TB. I requested my last TB only visit Ammo can caches. But, I would not expect that cache to be honored.

This got me thinking - Since I do 99% of my caching via GSAK and PQs, I never know if the cache I am hunting is members only (PQs do not contain any information as to whether a cache is a MOC or not), does anyone pay attention to that?

EDit, BTW, there are currently 224 caches in Maine listed as MOC. I had to run a PQ restricted to MOC to check...
    Last edited by brdad; 11-17-2009 at 06:52 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."