vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 100 Mark

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Welcome to "wardriving"! LOL! We've been doing it for years.

The latest laptops are great at finding and indicating a wireless hotspot, but we've found that "Net Stumbler" is great for locating the best connection.

This brings back some great memories of caching "up nawth" with a couple of my old caching buddies one weekend. We drove around all over Millinocket with Netstumbler working and would stop at each signal to see where our next cache would be....lol A great weekend for sure. Thanks Brad and Dave for those memories....

Oh sorry about that!!!! Congrats are in order for the 1st 100 for sure.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    We could get Dubord in here for a clarification, but to my understanding, the bandwith does not belong to the homeowner. If you leech a wireless connection from someone, you're "stealing" from the internet service provider.

So..... I do not encourage "stealing" wireless access, but if you park in front of my house, you can get online...
    Not that my 2 cents worth amount to much, but if connected through WYFI that is not protected, you become a guest of that person. To me it's no different than if they invited you inside to sit down at their computer. Would you call that "stealing" from the internet provider if you were invited inside instead of invited to use their WYFI?