vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shuman Road Searchers...Crash right by 1,500

I really enjoyed that post! Uh.....apparently the Binford 8000 Airport Beacon wasn't available?
    Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    Thanks to all for the congrats. To answer the question as to my favorite in the last 500. It became a very easy response after listening to my son tell everyone what we did. TRF and I were caching in Deer Isle when the alert came in to a new cache 6 miles from my home. We had to pick my son up in Castine and decided to grab the cache on the way home. We arrived at the parking and armed with a 1 candlewatt powered flashlight and the backlights on 2 GPS units managed our way into the deep dark forest to find the cache(Punkin Dunkin).My son was some excited to be the FTF in the dark,in the woods, after driving for an hour.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default Congrats!

I knew you were close and trying to beat TRF to it but those "public servants" get way too much time off...almost like lawyers!

So congrats, my friend and yes, I look over my shoulder from time to time but I also have some great memories of our Centum Challenge and chasing FTF's in our area.

You're a class act! Keep on cranking on the caches!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I knew you were close and trying to beat TRF to it but those "public servants" get way too much time off...almost like lawyers!

So congrats, my friend and yes, I look over my shoulder from time to time but I also have some great memories of our Centum Challenge and chasing FTF's in our area.

You're a class act! Keep on cranking on the caches!
    Not this public servant . . . I have to "work" Monday-Friday . . . however please note "work" is in quotations.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Work may be in quotations, but being in the business I do appreciate the work that you do. God bless you.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

[QUOTE=dubord207;60292]I knew you were close and trying to beat TRF to it but those "public servants" get way too much time off...

I know!!!! Steve always brags that he "works" 70 days a year!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

I don't brag that I work 70 days you wingnut, I brag that I'm NOT WORKING 295 days! Plus those numbers are skewed slightly.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

A congrats to you. Hope the next cache is as good as the last.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I don't brag that I work 70 days you wingnut, I brag that I'm NOT WORKING 295 days! Plus those numbers are skewed slightly.

Sorry!! 71 days! Who here does not work again until the middle of Jan?!!

Default Firefighters!

So here's the deal. Having been a paid call firefighter with Waterville Fire Department for 21 years, 15 as a Captain, it's absolutely true that for the most part there's little actual fire fighting...but..there's a lot more that goes with job then putting out fires. I think if you ask a professional firefighter, he/she will tell you that putting out fires is only about 5% of the job.

But when the plectron goes off and the first unit signs off "condition Red" then there's not a firefighter out there who's not totally prepared to "put in on the line" so that's what goes into how these guys work and how they get paid.

But I remain jealous about how much time some of these guys get to play on their computers and post provocative posts on the site!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    So here's the deal. Having been a paid call firefighter with Waterville Fire Department for 21 years, 15 as a Captain, it's absolutely true that for the most part there's little actual fire fighting...but..there's a lot more that goes with job then putting out fires. I think if you ask a professional firefighter, he/she will tell you that putting out fires is only about 5% of the job.

But when the plectron goes off and the first unit signs off "condition Red" then there's not a firefighter out there who's not totally prepared to "put in on the line" so that's what goes into how these guys work and how they get paid.

But I remain jealous about how much time some of these guys get to play on their computers and post provocative posts on the site!
    The real deal is that when a firefighter drives the 105 foot ladder truck and only responds to fires that require that truck(and in Augusta there are NO buildings that tall) he does not have to "work" very often!!