vb:literal>

Thread: geomate, jr.

Default geomate, jr.

anyone seen these in action? seems like it could be good for kids... Here's a link for one on sale... http://www.tinytrekker.com/geomatejr...=21521_f63cc4f

sorry, forgot this...supposedly free shipping and Save 10% with coupon code 'GEOMATE'

Yes, I have seen one. I almost bought one when they first came out. They are great for kids but they have a few limitations that made me pass them up.

One is that it only shows a few of the closed caches. Second, I'm not sure you can remove the caches that have been found.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

This thread is a bit old, but rather than starting a new one - as time has gone on - has anyone tried one of these?

i used one until a couple of weeks ago. fun start up but unless you buy the kit you can not load anything else on it except for what is pre loaded. and not all caches are pre loaded. also I bought mine in march and it had been loaded back the first of sept in 09, so no caches after 09 were pre loaded. it also only has the dificulty, terain and size for info. no maps, info or hints. I did a lot of printing before heading out, also when you turn it on it gives you the 20 closest to where you are, no way to tell if the ones you want to do outside of that area ( going u[p to rangley , figere it out when you get there) no way to know if they are in the gps. I did a lot of I am at 44. 32.654n I need to go south about so many feet to get to 44.31.087 N . Even the compass on my dekota 10 is much better the geomate jr. only gives you direction when moving when you stop it goes goofy. It did make me learn a lot and I did not spend a lot to know if I wanted to keep Geocaching or if it was a passing fancy. Not sure I would recomend it for a kid It might actually be discouraging if they get flustered with it. Lisa I can bring mine in friday and let you see it if you want?

Thank you for your comments. I guess sticking with a new Old Yella for the child will be worth the little extra.