vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas/Holiday Cointest

Hybrid View

Default Christmas/Holiday Cointest

The last cointest on GCMaine was in 2007 (Thank You - CacheMaine!) - Time for another!

What is a Cointest? It is fun game or activity, done on forums, where the prize is a Geocoin. These are frequently done on the Geocaching.com Forums for Geocoins. I have decided to bring some of the fun to GeocachingMaine site, again, for this Christmas/Holiday Season. A chance to win a new, unactivated, Antique Gold Pocket Decoder Geocoin from The Caching Place.

First – The Cointest – what do you have to do? Post to this thread on our forums, a short description of what you do on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. It can contain special memories, times past, what you will do this year, special food you eat, things you do, traditions, etc. Whatever you are comfortable sharing with others and of course on line.

If you celebrate another holiday such as Hanukkah (etc.), don’t worry – just post what you do and the fun you have over your holiday. Everyone is welcome to play!

Second – How often can I enter? Just once ~ one (1) time per member of GCMaine. I don't want this to end up being folks trying to post more than others. Make your post meaningful. Everyone can enter if registered on the site, but, I will not accept entries from MY family . Your entry must meet the requirements above. If you have any questions please PM or EM me.

Third – How long is this cointest, when do entries end? When I get on line Christmas morning. It might be early and it might be late – depends on what may be under my tree and where I may go! Soooo, don’t try to second guess me for your timing to place an entry on Christmas Morning or you may be too late – or maybe not.

Fourth – How will I choose the winner? Who will decide? Total number of posts will be put into a random number generator and one number will be chosen. IF the number chosen is my post or a post where someone has made just a comment and not an entry – I will run the generator for the next number who qualifies to be the winner .

Lastly – How will you know if you won? I will post the results right here in this thread and contact the winner to arrange delivery of your coin.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and may the 2010 New Year bring health, happiness and lots of new caching adventures to one and all!

Photo of the prize coin courtesy of TheCachingPlace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pocketdecoderbronze640x_1950_thumb.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	441  

Default A bit different this year

We aren't even going to be home this Christmas. On Christmas Eve we will be going to the 4:00 Mass at St Joseph's in Brewer. Kathie gets out of work around 11:00. Then I will be driving us to Lewiston to spend the day at her son Greg's house. Later on Christmas day we will travel up to Rumford to spend some time with her Mom and Dad. Then back to Brewer after that. Run, run, run....so what else is new
    Happy Trails!

Smile Christmas 2009

I work until 6:30 on Christmas Eve so JustPJ66 and I will have a late supper and probably go to bed at a decent hour. Christmas day we'll get up and have our tree. The tradition part comes in when we eat. We'll be eating homemade touchere pie that JustPJ66 will make from a fresh pork shoulder. I never had touchere until I met her and now that I know what I was missing, I love having the chance to be part of her family's tradition.

Christmas has changed for us since the kids left home, but some traditions remain. We usually have my parents up Christmas eve for dessert - usually something exotic like Bananas Foster, or flamed crepes Grand Marnier. For Christmas breakfast, we always have "Christmas pancakes" - pancakes with chopped red and green maraschino cherries.

I will return from my vacation just before xmas, so I will do nothing, sleeping, maybe some unpacking, processing photos, fixing what broke at work when I was gone... I don't really celebrate xmas or anything similar very much
    Moo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Mapachi; 12-12-2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Not an entry

My husband mentions most of the things we do (mostly where his stomach is involved) , but one of my recent favorite things is watching my mother Christmas morning opening her presents.

My mom spent years and years giving presents either to us children or to her husband and for alot of those she never got any or got very few gifts. What fun kevin and i had the first year after we moved in here. ( We live here with mom now to help take care of her) I made a Christmas stocking for her as i do every year for kevin.......she was just like a kid......watching her pull items from that sock made my christmas each time her face lit up over a pack of gum.

Christmas isnt about presents or eating it is doing all those things with the people you love! Thats what makes Christmas special for me!

For Christmas Eve we have appetizers for supper and will let the kids open one present. On Christmas morning, we have our tree after the kids get up. It gets later every year now that the kids are teenagers they like to sleep in. Then by noon we head to my parents and have a tree and dinner there.

Lets see. Every Christmas Eve all my life we went to my grandmothers house. Chrismas carols, good food the works. Usually we would get about 50 people in her house, all relatives. She died oh maybe 8 years ago, but we carried on the tradition to my aunts house. Almost all the same people, with several new great grandchildren.

We stay until the kids can no longer stay awake and all go home. Christmas morning is spent with our immediate family, gifts etc. Then we all return to my Aunts house in force to spend the day, exchange gifts, and eat supper.

Good times, I love having a huge family.

Mainiac1957 This is also all in the Rumford/Mexico area Ill be on the lookout for a yellow JK.

It's kind of hard to say. My immediate family is all gone now except for my sister. The last few years I spent at nursing homes taking my mother into see relatives and then we would visit with others in the family at their homes.

This year I'll most likely be up in Moscow at a camp with her eating garlic and rosemary infused turkey, rum bread, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, several vegetables, fruit napolitan, anisette biscoti, and farfellette.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 12-11-2009 at 01:20 AM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.