vb:literal>

Thread: Bangor - H1N1 Clinic - Today (12/14)

Default Bangor - H1N1 Clinic - Today (12/14)

It was just announced they are now accepting Health Care Workers and EMS people at the clinic today. Civic Center until 8PM. And of course they are doing high risk folks and children.

Looked fairly quiet on the news.

Meant to add that Seasonal Flu and Pneumonia vaccine is available but but there is a charge.

Got mine and the charge was only $20 I think.

Got mine today too. Just the pig flue one.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

There will be a clinic at Buker School in Augusta. This, too, is slated to be opened up to high risk groups. I'll be the one with the dull needle so be sure to get in my line. hehehehe
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    There will be a clinic at Buker School in Augusta. This, too, is slated to be opened up to high risk groups. I'll be the one with the dull needle so be sure to get in my line. hehehehe
    I should have added that the clinic is on the Thursday, December 17th.

Here is the cut and paste from the email I got.

Maine CDC is going to hold a H1N1 vaccination clinic for high risk populations on Thursday Dec 17th
    at the Buker School in Augusta. They are hoping to be able to recruit 10 EMS volunteers to
    help between the times of 9-3 pm. and would only need to administer vaccine.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Remember Steve, the needle goes in the ARM!!!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Just finished the clinic and before it was over, they opened it up to anyone wanting vaccine. H1N1 was free - all others there was a fee for adults. We were busy with lines from 2P - until after 8P but everyone got what they came for. Wished I had know they were opening it up to everyone. Other clinics may go that way too as more vaccine comes into the state.

In the usual tradition of derailing threads . . .

Just wanted to say I love your avatar photo HermonFinder.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Ok FFJ - it's ok. I posted this so some folks, if they wanted, might make it to get vaccine. Clinic's over - thread could be closed. Not a problem.