Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
Why stop at counties? Especially the larger ones. It seems to me no one should have to drive more than 20 minutes to find 100 caches in a day. If we could get 52 hiders together, they could each hide a centum series on a different week of the year, and after it was out for a year, they would archive and re-submit the series, so people could find them over and over every year! Every week there would be a new centum to do!

I was about to suggest 365 centum series for the centum a day challenge, but that would just be silly, wouldn't it?
Why would it be silly? If someone with the time and desire wanted to hide them and another find them, so what? There effort should have no bearing on your participation in geocaching.

I see sailboats and motorboat and jet skis all on the same body of water. Some are fishing some are water skiing and some are just zooming about enjoying themselves. Understanding that all folks involved are following the prescribed guidelines. The only people complaining and whining are the folks who THINK they own the lake. Always coming up with some lame reason the boaters shouldn't be doing it but none of them genuinely valid.

Regarding geocaching, I think it silly to discourage new ideas and new twist on a fun sport that can encompass everyones ideas of what caching should be. I think it silly to put prerequisites on people who want to place a hide. I think it silly to condemn a certain type of cache when the person doing the condemning is under no obligation to find that type of hide. I think it is silly to condescend to folks who find 100 caches in a day simply because you don't like the idea of it. I think it is silly to patronize a "newbie" because they place a hide that was approved by a "Publisher" but you may not like it.