vb:literal>

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: SeriousTool hits 200. Hides, that is.

I would think that comparing finds would be something that would be between two or more cachers who all want to compare. They would be free to decide amongst themselves what the "guidelines" would be for the comparison. I wouldn't compare my finds against someone who was in a position to go at will and I have to find time when I am not working and don't have other things I need to do. My sole reason for getting into geocaching was to have another thing my wife and I can do together. We're interested in finding caches at our leisure, in places that may be a little more accessible than others this time of year because we're not set up to trudge through snow of any depth. That may come in time but we're not going to this year. I do have to say, the only caches my dog leaves are the ones you don't want to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I have to laugh at some of the things cachers do "by mistake" and apparently other things that most here would agree just aren't right.

So I confess to a newbie mistake very early in my caching career and that was logging a find on a cache that I placed!! I got a gentle "nudge" from maniac1957 politely advising that most cachers don't log finds on their own caches...saw the logic in that and deleted the log!

I would think that anybody reading this thread would be walking the "straight and narrow" when they post finds!
    I've seen quite a few people do that. The newbies usually say oops, didn't know, but there are a few with 1000's under their belts that know what they are doing. Again, you are only playing against yourself.

One easy way to keep the "mistakes" and "violations" down, stuff the offenders in nanos and bury them in a national park.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    One easy way to keep the "mistakes" and "violations" down, stuff the offenders in nanos and bury them in a national park.
    Or on the Appalachian Trail...

There you go.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.