vb:literal>

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SeriousTool hits 200. Hides, that is.

Ah, and in conjunction with the WWWWWWWWW event perhaps? Should someone rent a bus? Anyone know where to find a 4 x 4 bus? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Ah, and in conjunction with the WWWWWWWWW event perhaps? Should someone rent a bus? Anyone know where to find a 4 x 4 bus? LOL
    WWWWWW 6 will be Saturday, Feb 20th. Just got email back from Gerry at "Big G's", so will be posting the event in the next couple of days.

I know the perfect place to do a power run..... besides SMR which is THE PERFECT power run :-)

If we're all doing a power run, why waste time at the event? We can order our sandwiches, sign the event logbook while we wait for our order and head out and eat on the way!

Hopefully Lee and I can make the WWWWW event this year. Even if that's the only log we sign all day.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    I know the perfect place to do a power run..... besides SMR which is THE PERFECT power run :-)
    Excellent!! Are you planning the Kennebec County Centum? The Somerset County Centum? the Penobscot County Centum? I'll be sure to set aside days to do them!! I got the York County Centum (Not the actual cache but all the Star Wars themed caches plus enough others for a total of 102 caches in York County) out of the way now. Thanks you for your effort and the good time we (SRS and myself) had. Lots of laughs while we were "offroading" in the deceptively "offroadish" Nissan Sentra.

"If not for Geocaching I would not have known of these areas!" Thanks Chad/CARoperPhotography/SeriousTool for placing these caches. Looking forward to seeing more of the State of Maine.

Cache On!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Excellent!! Are you planning the Kennebec County Centum? The Somerset County Centum? the Penobscot County Centum? I'll be sure to set aside days to do them!! I got the York County Centum (Not the actual cache but all the Star Wars themed caches plus enough others for a total of 102 caches in York County) out of the way now. Thanks you for your effort and the good time we (SRS and myself) had. Lots of laughs while we were "offroading" in the deceptively "offroadish" Nissan Sentra.

"If not for Geocaching I would not have known of these areas!" Thanks Chad/CARoperPhotography/SeriousTool for placing these caches. Looking forward to seeing more of the State of Maine.

Cache On!!
    What a great idea! A centum run in each of the 16 counties! Al we would need then is a 16 county centum cache that you can only sign once you have done the centum in each of the 16 counties in Maine. Sounds like Patrick,Chad and Mike need to get busy!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

I'm out. I give up. Brdad is right.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Why stop at counties? Especially the larger ones. It seems to me no one should have to drive more than 20 minutes to find 100 caches in a day. If we could get 52 hiders together, they could each hide a centum series on a different week of the year, and after it was out for a year, they would archive and re-submit the series, so people could find them over and over every year! Every week there would be a new centum to do!

I was about to suggest 365 centum series for the centum a day challenge, but that would just be silly, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by brdad; 12-28-2009 at 04:47 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Why stop at counties? Especially the larger ones. It seems to me no one should have to drive more than 20 minutes to find 100 caches in a day. If we could get 52 hiders together, they could each hide a centum series on a different week of the year, and after it was out for a year, they would archive and re-submit the series, so people could find them over and over every year! Every week there would be a new centum to do!

I was about to suggest 365 centum series for the centum a day challenge, but that would just be silly, wouldn't it?
    BRDAD, it is nice to see you come over to the dark side!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Default Dark side?

Actually Dave's suggestion about archiving a whole pile of caches after a year so and placing new ones is being done in other places. Di and I were in the Jonathan Dickinson State Park in Jupiter Florida in mid August this year. This park is a cacher's paradise with well over 400 caches placed, none like SMR, just a huge variety in every type of terrain imaginable.

To avoid geo-trails and keep the interest high, they were planning on archiving almost all of these caches on September 22 will new placements and caches to be placed during October. So the idea isn't all that far fetched and does make sense in an area that is largely urban.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.