vb:literal>

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SeriousTool hits 200. Hides, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Why stop at counties? Especially the larger ones. It seems to me no one should have to drive more than 20 minutes to find 100 caches in a day. If we could get 52 hiders together, they could each hide a centum series on a different week of the year, and after it was out for a year, they would archive and re-submit the series, so people could find them over and over every year! Every week there would be a new centum to do!

I was about to suggest 365 centum series for the centum a day challenge, but that would just be silly, wouldn't it?
    Why would it be silly? If someone with the time and desire wanted to hide them and another find them, so what? There effort should have no bearing on your participation in geocaching.

I see sailboats and motorboat and jet skis all on the same body of water. Some are fishing some are water skiing and some are just zooming about enjoying themselves. Understanding that all folks involved are following the prescribed guidelines. The only people complaining and whining are the folks who THINK they own the lake. Always coming up with some lame reason the boaters shouldn't be doing it but none of them genuinely valid.

Regarding geocaching, I think it silly to discourage new ideas and new twist on a fun sport that can encompass everyones ideas of what caching should be. I think it silly to put prerequisites on people who want to place a hide. I think it silly to condemn a certain type of cache when the person doing the condemning is under no obligation to find that type of hide. I think it is silly to condescend to folks who find 100 caches in a day simply because you don't like the idea of it. I think it is silly to patronize a "newbie" because they place a hide that was approved by a "Publisher" but you may not like it.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Forgive me, I was making a joke. Clearly it is not silly, I am predicting it's happening.

And I have no problem with who legally rides what boat in what lake, but if there are 1000 powerboats in that lake, it will probably have an effect of my enjoyment of kayaking in the same lake.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

1000 powerboats and 1 kayak. Is that a new twist on dodge ball?

Coming up..... an archiving of The Star Wars Tribute series, with a James Bond Tribute series to replace it! I'll just leave the caches in place and get them all published again :-)

Ha! Seriously though.... my series is complete and I am stepping back from placements and concentrating on maintaining everything and going back to my early hides from the summer when I first started and changing them, and making them more permanent. That, and finding caches. I wanted to end 2009, my first year of caching (Started at the end of April 2009) and the end of the decade, with a good solid even number of finds. So I hit TeamHorwich's(GeoAcer hides originally) Back Cove Bonanza today after meeting up with TH himself, and grabbed 14 more to get myself past 600.

I am enjoying everyone's logs from the Star Wars series, and am very surprised at how much attention it gets from cachers!

600 in less than a year? And Petr hit 800 in less than a year. It took me five years to hit 100! But then again, becoming a father of twins puts a damper on any free time. Now that they're older, they can help Daddy find some caches.

Congrats, you two.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Red face I guess I went a little crazy

After doing 2 centums this year. First in Tennessee at Geowoodstock 7 and later on the Stud Mill Rd I ended up with 1221 caches for 2009. Up from 900 that I did in 2008. I have a feeling that 2010 will be a bit quieter in terms of numbers. I really need to get back to the hike and paddle caches that I so enjoy. Only time will tell I suppose.
    Happy Trails!

Default Overall stats by Robert Zinn

I enjoy this site. I noticed that Teamsnook, who swept through Maine in September has just claimed the #2 spot.

http://www.zinnware.com/HighAdv/Geoc...ESC&Limit=3000

As he asks, I have written to Zinn twice to add Serious Tool and Ekidokai to the list as both have more than 100 hides. I had many months ago written to him regarding myself and Team Horwich and we were added promptly. It is holiday season, so I suspect they will appear shortly.

When they do, Serious Tool will be close to the top 100 hiders in the game. will he be able to resist hiding a few more to get there?

Default Add me to the crazy list!

Over the past 30 days I did 6 caches, an all time low. My office was crazy. Usually Celeste and Barbara, my two secretaries who have worked with me for over 33 years, can get most everything done without me, but our computers crashed, the back ups failed so December was "hell month" and I didn't cache at all.

But in my first year of caching, 10/31/2007 to 10/30/2008 I logged 1500, all that and reamining gainfully employed. Like Brad, I've calmed down a bit since the first year's binge!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Hum, 1726 in 2009, 1687 in 2008, I guess I am slowing down. I did get FTF number 805 the other day.

Actually you have to keep it all in perspective. Just about anyone can get big numbers quickly anymore. It's what you do in the long run that counts, and how you do it. Make no mistake, it is a numbers game or sorts, but it is more than the numbers.

Cache on!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Default Gob-ler? Who is that guy??????

Great to hear from Dick, as always. PA must know who you are by now. Hope all is well with you and Kathy and Happy New Year to you, you caching fiend and legend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Hum, 1726 in 2009, 1687 in 2008, I guess I am slowing down. I did get FTF number 805 the other day.

Actually you have to keep it all in perspective. Just about anyone can get big numbers quickly anymore. It's what you do in the long run that counts, and how you do it. Make no mistake, it is a numbers game or sorts, but it is more than the numbers.

Cache on!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.