vb:literal>

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: SeriousTool hits 200. Hides, that is.

Default The times how they have changed...

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Like Brad, I've calmed down a bit since the first year's binge!
    Dan... My first year of caching I only found 35 Of course that was 2003
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    After doing 2 centums this year. First in Tennessee at Geowoodstock 7 and later on the Stud Mill Rd I ended up with 1221 caches for 2009. Up from 900 that I did in 2008. I have a feeling that 2010 will be a bit quieter in terms of numbers. I really need to get back to the hike and paddle caches that I so enjoy. Only time will tell I suppose.
    Hey I know of a pretty cool paddle series in the Trenton area that you might enjoy.....
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Default Next summer Jo...

That one will be on my list if I can ever get a rack for my Jeep.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    That one will be on my list if I can ever get a rack for my Jeep.
    Or we could take the 4 Runner -

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Or we could take the 4 Runner -
    If you haven't done it yet, "Get Marooned" is fun too. Harbor seals followed us out and back to Alley Island
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

My New Years Resolution to some "concerned" muggle friends and family, to not place any new caches (but to maintain and repair existing hides) is about to be broken. Not all at once with a series or a continuation of Star Wars, but with some good hides and ideas that have come to me, and I just can't resist, especially since I am so close to 300 hides!

So, it is 10:05 PM on Jan. 1st, 2010 and I am declaring that my resolution is officially renounced!

Okay..... I was perusing the Maine Caching Stats section of this site this evening, and was shocked that I am only listed as having 87 hides total. TeamHorwich was listed as having 82 hides total. These stats were updated on 12/29/09.

After looking at the stats more closely and reading the page in it's entirety, I realized that micro caches are excluded from the stats.

I am rather curious as to why this is. Can anyone answer this?

I just want to share something with all of your naysayers in regards to series of easily found highly concentrated micros like Stud Mill Rd. and The Star Wars Tribute here in Maine. I received this log this morning for one of the caches. You should read it and consider that this kind of cache density means far more than just numbers.... :

ponil found Star Wars Tribute: Han Solo (Traditional Cache) at 1/10/2010

Log Date: 1/10/2010
    Where should I begin? I turned 50 this past week and wanted no part of any kind of party, well..... I was surprised when I expected a quiet evening at home, having a few drinks, and having some friends over. Well, they showed up and handed me a piece of paper stating that I had 10 minutes to get ready to go caching! They decided that we would cache all night and cache all night we did! We left the house a few minutes after 8pm, and picked up 2 other cachers! The crew included myself, Preferida, Team Salford, KBallsy and 76-CJ7 (who also turns 50 this week and I attended his party...). The goal was to do 50 caches over night, but of course I had to wear an astronaut costume complete with helmet and visor, as they had chosen all the Star Wars caches up in Maine! We arrived at our exit and we decided to get some coffee, and then start caching! It was a beautiful and very cold night, Team salford drove and announced the temperature everytime it dropped another degree with a low of 1 degree, we were in and out of the car all night long! I wore the astronaut costume complete with helmet and visor for the first 50 caches, the pictures I am sure will be posted. We finished early in the morning and went to a local 24 hour Diner near home for break feast. I arrived home at 7:20AM, with over 130(plus) caches done! I had a great time with great friends and a memory that will last for another 50 years. Thank you my friends for this fun surprise and thank you cache placers for making this possible! This cache was one we found along the way! TFTC, ponil

Visit this log entry at the below address:
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.a...e-bb0a7da09131

You created some memories for these folks that they'll never forget. I can't think of a higher compliment than that.

Ponil's log is making me think about how I want to celebrate my 50th. I've got about 2 1/2 years to think about that one, though.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

For my 60th & my best friends - we took our husbands to Alaska on a cruise. What did we do in each port? Geocache of course!