vb:literal>

Thread: Appalachian Trail track

Default Appalachian Trail track

Was wondering if anyone might have put together a Garmin/Mapsource track of the AT through Maine and New Hampshire. Hoping to do some hiking/biking and lots of caching on a visit next year. Would love to have a copy of this to check out for caches along the route and be able to do some planning.
    Thanks from Cape Breton Island.
    MineRP

Quote Originally Posted by MineRP View Post
    Was wondering if anyone might have put together a Garmin/Mapsource track of the AT through Maine and New Hampshire. Hoping to do some hiking/biking and lots of caching on a visit next year. Would love to have a copy of this to check out for caches along the route and be able to do some planning.
    Thanks from Cape Breton Island.
    MineRP
    Our webmaster - Attroll - is an an avid AT hiker, and in fact plans on doing the entire trail next summer. He can probably answer your question. Send him an email or Personal message.

One other thing to remember too is that geocaches aren't allowed along the AT. You have to venture off the trail to find any caches now.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

There are track files for the entire AT trail. I have them somewhere on my PC, but they are also available online. Try Googling "Appalachian Trail" Track file.

If you can't get what you know let me know and I'll look for my files.

I originally the tracks to find caches along the trail. There are a few, but as haffy said, generally are not allowed.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I have the files here if someone really wants them.
    Blazing Troll

I'm OK now.
    Did some poking about on line as suggested and picked up what I needed.
    Thanks to all who responded.
    WOW
    Lots of great hiking trails, may have to move to the states for a couple of years.
    Now I just have to talk a cacher or two into heading down with me for the adventure.
    So much to do and see, and life is so short, Rats.

Just another quisk question.
    Is early June a practical time to do hiking/biking/caching in around Mount Washington and area ? Is the snow gone by then on the mountains and trails ? I assume Maine and Nove Scotia are much similar in weather and should be OK.