vb:literal>

Thread: Dangerous Lakes-

Default Dangerous Lakes-

I just logged on to tonights chat very late and noticed that the topic for tonight was " Are your lakes frozen yet?" I am not sure if anyone from Knox County was on tonight, but our lakes are not frozen. Unfortunately we had a trajedy on our Rockland Lake Chickawaukee yesterday when an iceboater went through the ice and drowned. Please take precautions if you are considering trying out frozen lakes. This lake was open water about 3 days ago. The 2nd day with ice brought out 3 iceboaters.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

That's kind of why I posted that. I was thinking about going out and doing some fishing and maybe caching, but wanted to see what other people thought. It has been cold for so long I was getting anxious.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Report from 3 Mile Pond

We have about 5 to 6 inches of what appears to be good ice. I'm sure we'll be fishing New Year's day on what will be a solid 8 inches or better. A terrible tragedy for sure on Chicki. That's usually the first place the iceboaters go each year. Lakes in central Maiine will be amazingly fast if we don't get snow.

Any cachers out there know of any DN iceboats for sale?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.