vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Year Geocaching Resolutions!

Default New Year Geocaching Resolutions!

So, we're about to start a new decade and a new year. I'll start the topic of "new year geocaching resolutions." The thread is how we can all make the game better so here goes!

Bring replacement logs with you when you cache...always. It makes me feel good when I replace a log that the last 5 cachers have squacked about.

Put out a few more "quality" caches. Yeah, we can all do GRC's and LPC caches, but pledge to design a quality cache to be placed in a great spot.

And my last resolution, always think about how your fellow cachers will react when you hit the "submit" key when posting here. I know I've had a few posts that were ill advised as have others.

Those are mine. So what will you offer? Happy New Year my friends!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Put out a few more "quality" caches. Yeah, we can all do GRC's and LPC caches, but pledge to design a quality cache to be placed in a great spot.
    Sheesh! I never make "New Year's Resolutions" - I can never keep them.

But I echo this suggestion. I've seen a LOT of new caches lately where the location is great, but the cache is a micro. Many of us remember the days when a geoCACHE was just that - a container with items in it that you could trade.

If you place a GRC, use a small Lock-N-Lock (or similar) box instead of a film can. And if you place a cache in a nice area, please avoid the micro!

RULost2? and I, at least, will thank you! LOL!

Sorry about the double post. I hit my tab button and this popped up. Please see my response below!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Default Happy New Year!

Nice thread, Dan. I am not one for new year resolutions....why wait for the first of the year? That said, I will continue to try to be a responsible cacher, participate in the geocaching community and not make fun of Magellan users . In addition, want to add in more kayak caching and perhaps try some biking.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I really like this idea, so here goes. My Geo-New Years resolutions for 2010:

1: Take the time to thank all those who help make this hobby special for me and my family: A. All those who work so hard at hosting and working on Events. We truly enjoy them. I can see how much hard work goes into even the simplest of get-togethers. I know it may not mean much, but they are a great reason for the Frost's to spend time as a family. Thank You. B. All those cachers out there who put out caches for us to enjoy. For my hobby, I like them all. (Even the ones that drive WhereRWe? and others crazy Go Micros!) C. A Sincere thanks to everyone involved in production of the 2009 Coin, Shirts, Hats ect. You are awesome! D. A special thanks to Eidokai (I hope I spelled that right) The Stud Mill Series gave me one of the best days I had this summer. E. A thanks to all of the active members of this site. Coming here and reading the posts is one of the highlights of my day. I love the debate, I love the help, I love the site.

2. Cache More. I recorded a little over 535 caches this year. Up from 200 in '08 and a whole 56 in 2007, my first year. I really want to break 1000. I've taken this month off, and with the current temp at 4 degrees, with the prediction of well over a foot of snow this upcoming weekend, I'm not sure how Jan. 2010 will go.

3. Contribute More. I've placed 23 caches. Not a lot by some standards. There are a few area's that I think hold a lot of untapped potential for placement. Burnham, Pittsfield, Newport ect. My current "ready to go" stock consists of 4 ammo cans, 4 smaller lock and locks and 4 micros. I have a couple of really neat idea's for hides. I just need to get going. Last year I put a few out for the WWWWWW event. With the OK of WhereRWe?, I think I'll do that again.

Happy, Happy New Year everyone. I hope it is filled with joy and wonder!
    Last edited by fins2right; 12-29-2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Fixing a Typo
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    3. Contribute More. I've placed 23 caches. ... Last year I put a few out for the WWWWWW event. With the OK of WhereRWe?, I think I'll do that again.
    Go for it!

Another vote for not being one to do New Year's resolutions. But if that's what it takes for anyone to make themselves be happier and a better person then I am behind it all the way.

My resolutions for caching as well as real life are adjusted nearly every day - stand up for what I think is right, speak up against what I think is wrong. That is easily said but sometimes it's hard deciding which side of the line is which.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

My New Year resolutions as far as geocaching goes are to get back into geocaching on a more active schedule...not necessarily doing alot more caches, but instead trying to get out more often, even if for only one cache. Try to make it to more events this year. Put out a new caching series in the Abbot area...stay tuned for more info. Be a good ambassador for our great sport...geocaching has been very good to me and I would like to repay this by introducing more people to this sport.

Very inspirational so far.

I don't do the resolution thing either, but here are mine.

I want to get more people involved in geocaching. I also will spend sometime to find the puzzle caches, as the hiders have done their part I feel as I should do mine.

Happy New Year everyone!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Hmmm, good one Mike. I too want to work out the puzzles, more group caching and host more events. Those are my resolutions.