vb:literal>

Thread: China

Default China

So, what is going on in China? All I see is cops and patrol planes circling around there.

Is it safe to cache there?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

They've had a bad week.

Missing snowmobiler, Garage burned flat, Old fella hit by a plow. Dangerous place to live.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Missing snowmobiler, Garage burned flat, Old fella hit by a plow. Dangerous place to live.
    Well, I am not sure about the dangerous........those are things which happen everywhere. But, for sure - China has had their 3 events!

The fellow who was hit by the plow in his driveway was the father of the Retired Colonel Greg Poulin of Maine State Police. I have heard he was a wonderful man and this is a very tragic accident. It is also a shame about the missing teen snowmobiler and that someone lost their business to fire.

Sure has put the Emergency Services and plan of the community to the test!

Have they not found the missing snowmobilier as yet? I have not heard much about it.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

After just reading the past news articles from 2 hours ago, it appears that the search is still on. How sad for all the familys in China that are experiencing the heartache from these three events this week.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Default Not a great week here in China

China is a great place to live (and cache) but what a sad week for sure. It's hard to figure what happened to the snowmobiler. When I first moved here 25 years ago, a fellow on a 4 wheeler went through the ice about 50 feet from our point of land. I don't venture out onto the lakes until a lot of sleds have been on the lake. From where he started, he could have just as easily ended up on this lake, 3 Mile Pond. The public water supply part of China Lake still has a lot of open water at what is known as "the Narrows." It's the last place to freeze in the area but everybody knows that.

Mr Poulin was a well liked and respected resident. The Poulins are friends as well. I can't imagine how the plow operator feels.

Annette and Bill are also outstanding China citizens. Bill is one of those guys that can fix anything and never over charges folks for what he does.

But life goes on here, hopefully with no other reasons for us to be in the news. I hope people stay off the ice in this area as it still isn't safe.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

My thoughts and prayers go out to any of the family and friends of those involved.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

News this morning says they may have found snowmobile tracks headed toward open water and they're bringing in sonar gear to see if they can find anything there. That poor family, this has to be incredibly trying times for them.

Default Lost Snowmobiler

There were scuba divers getting into the air boat this morning at the East Vassalboro landing when I went by early this morning. The section of open water is probably no more than a couple of acres so if that's where he went in I think they'll find him quickly. I can't imagine what his family is going through at this time.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.