vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Year Geocaching Resolutions!

I haven't done a new years resolution in too many years to even try to remember the last one. All I'm gonna do is continue to learn more about caching and just enjoy the new game/hobby with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    . I also will spend sometime to find the puzzle caches, as the hiders have done their part I feel as I should do mine.
    I have a lot of puzzle caches that I have never ever attempted to do...seems to me they are only fun to do as a group. We should have a event where we all do a bunch of these together. Mike, you could host such a event in the Bangor area, a simple meet and greet, then head out and do some puzzle type caches. All in favor say...aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I have a lot of puzzle caches that I have never ever attempted to do...seems to me they are only fun to do as a group. We should have a event where we all do a bunch of these together. Mike, you could host such a event in the Bangor area, a simple meet and greet, then head out and do some puzzle type caches. All in favor say...aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy.
    Are you talking on a weekend?

I resolve not to make a resolution! ... err wait.....I just broke that resolution!
    OK then; I resolve to get as many caches I can before the satellites start falling from the sky! They're going to fall, you know. Remember what Fig Newton wrote!
    Fig Newtons! I'm going to cut back on them too!
    And smoked Herring! I already gave up Cherry Herring.
    Oh, I almost forgot, NO MORE CHEAP TOILET PAPER! It's just not worth it in the long run.....Especially in the long run!

Puzzle caches are right up there with magicians ...and mimes...for me...they just don't agree with my mind. A puzzle diciphering day would be a good thing for sure. As for the thread..... no resolutions at the moment, but there is still 8 hours to figure one out. Maybe organizing my life( I make that one every year) so that I can get out caching more, and enjoying some of those great places that you all have hidden caches in. You are all our personal tour guides, if you ask me. Thanks everyone. I will try to hide a few more for all of you in 2010.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Are you talking on a weekend?
    Would have to be on a weekend for most people to participate.

Default Not most people

Would have to be on a weekend for most people to participate.
    I'm one of the unfortunate ones who can't be considered "most people" when it comes to having to have an event scheduled on a weekend so I can go. That only happens once every four weekends for me. The other three weeks, I have my days off during the week. Rotating schedules and not many weekends off....the world of big box retail.

What about some puzzle solving event?
    Moo

My New Year Geocaching Resolutions would be to hide more quality caches. I know that I enjoy going after a series of caches in an area so I will try to find a spot for something like that. I would also like to do more puzzle caches but I stink at them. I printed out 2 today to work on and I look at them for a while and then find something more fun to do

I am not so sure a Puzzle Solving event would be such a good idea. Granted, I do not really like puzzles, but I work at them. Getting a gang together to solve a puzzle could compromise puzzle caches altogether.

Heck, I have all the solutions to the puzzles I have ever solved, maybe we should just hold an auction and donate the proceeds to a worthy cause? Better yet, lets get 25 cachers to do one of the Battleship stages and all get together to solve it and then gang hunt the thing!

For puzzle caches, the puzzle is the challenge, at least I think that's the way it is?
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!