vb:literal>

Thread: My First Travel Bug

Smile My First Travel Bug

I just activated my first travel bug:

New England Turtle Keychain Bug
    goal:
    To Explore Northern New England and discover great scenery and hiking Trails.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=149294

I want to release somewhere in northern maine preferably somewhere that involves some hiking. I have never been to northern maine (other than acadia) and would love some ideas on a good place to release my bug.

Also I posted a under Resources and Tools a place that sells custom printed goal tags. I didn't see it listed anywhere here thought others would find it useful. I haven't actually received mine yet but they look good on the site.
    http://www.sissy-n-cr.com/store.shtml

Acadia is far from Northern Maine I'm about 3 to 3 1/2 hours north of Acadia and there is still another hour north of me to get to the northern tip of Maine. I will be hiding more caches in the central Aroostook area and I will soon be planting a Northern Maine TB Hotel Anywhoo, just my 2 cents....

I guess I didn't realize how far north northern maine is. I live in Berwick so everything is north for me. Still any ideas about places to visit would be great. I am originally from montana which is 12 hours drive border to border so I am used to these long drives. I suppose I was thinking around the Baxter state park area of Maine.

- Kirk

Have you thought about any areas in the western Maine mountains? There are some very nice caches with very nice hikes. Tumbledown Challenge is one that comes to mind.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Unhappy Speaking of Tumbledown

Did anyone hear on the news about some member of the Bean family buying Webb Lake woods. They are talking about gating the road off and making it a mile walk just to get to the trailhead. I guess there is a significant ltter problem there. Bummer
    Happy Trails!

Yeah I read the article in the newspaper this morning,that sucks, but you can't blame the owners for wanting to keep the area clean. All it takes is some a--holes who don't know how to CITO. Spoils it for everyone else.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Yeah I read the article in the newspaper this morning,that sucks, but you can't blame the owners for wanting to keep the area clean. All it takes is some a--holes who don't know how to CITO. Spoils it for everyone else.
    As one who can look out the window and see nothing but paper company land, I'm VERY familiar with the abuse people do to land they don't own but have always had access to. I don't post my land to hunters, but I was mighty tempted a couple of years ago after some morons dug up my property with a big-tired rig, left trash in the woods where they were illegally camping, and where they had cut trees for firewood.

Double SHEESH!