vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GEEEz can't find a thang..

Several things come to mind on this. First starting out is not easy alone. When I take people out on caching trips I will usually show them several hides of different size contains and types of hides to get them started. Size matters no matter what anyone says. Finding a nano is much harder than a large bucket depending on the location and cleverness of the hide.

Another thing is a cache can be very hard to find even if you have a lot of experience. The Oregon State nickname is one that only I have found with many people looking for it. I found it easy enough, but that most likely was just a good day for me. I have gone back to find caches months after looking the first time and found them without any trouble.

And I regularly find that a cache is 40 feet from where my GPSr is first telling me where it is. That is because sometimes it takes a minute or two for the GPSr to zero in on the location.

Give caching a little time and start out on ones listed as 1 difficulty and 1 terrain and this time of year ones that are winter friendly. As time goes on you'll know better what to look for and where, but then again some of the hides will be very hard to find no matter how good you get. I have seen very experienced cachers have trouble on caches that others find real easy. Don't give up. Just go have fun.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

And admire the spots that caching takes you too and the people you may meet. Everything else is just a bonus.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

OK...went back up today and found it !!!!!!!! Thanks all

Fantastic. That's one down and a million to go so far, so get going.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDZ21 View Post
    OK...went back up today and found it !!!!!!!! Thanks all
    Way to go! Wait until you get really addicted to this...
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

This hobby will really grow on you before you know it. If your free, come meet some of us at this get together GC21H2B. I'm new here too and this will be my first event. Looking forward to seeing you there!
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"