vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Avatar 3D - A Review

Default Blue

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    You know, with a little photoshopping, I bet you could turn that white-faced avatar of yours blue! LOL!
    Don't say that too loud, RCWhit might hear it.

You know, with a little photoshopping, I bet you could turn that white-faced avatar of yours blue! LOL!
    I'm pretty sure that would be considered making fun of members, which is against the forum guidelines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueMike.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	454  
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Are these movies really in 3d? I saw it at the flagship in Rockland. There were no glasses...my son told me glasses would not work on this film anyway as the image would look double. Are you serious that they gave you glasses? He saw it and Saco at the Imax. I am looking for a closer theater that is really 3 d. Did you all really see it in 3d?
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Are these movies really in 3d? I saw it at the flagship in Rockland. There were no glasses...my son told me glasses would not work on this film anyway as the image would look double. Are you serious that they gave you glasses? He saw it and Saco at the Imax. I am looking for a closer theater that is really 3 d. Did you all really see it in 3d?
    Yes - we saw it in 3D - had the glasses and everything. (Not like the old paper 3D glasses - these were fairly nice plastic. They weren't uncomfortable at all.)

If you're watching the movie in 3D, and take the glasses off and watch without them for a few minutes, you REALLY appreciate 3D. It totally makes the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Yes it's 3D with glasses. However the 3D experience is very low. Forget about floating stuff in front of you. You may go to see 2D as well. This movie has the worst 3D experience I have ever experienced and I have seen quite a lot 3D movies. I only go to 3D movies. I was only once in my life in 2D movie and after I saw a 3D I made a resolution I will never go to 2D again and I never did
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Yes it's 3D with glasses. However the 3D experience is very low. Forget about floating stuff in front of you.
    Some of us disagree. I know I ducked a couple of times when those floaters came at me, and someone else in this thread mentioned doing it as well.

But for most of us, 3D is a fairly new experience, so...

Some of us disagree. I know I ducked a couple of times when those floaters came at me, and someone else in this thread mentioned doing it as well.

But for most of us, 3D is a fairly new experience, so...

Well, I have seen some movies made especially for 3D experience and nothing else, like a technology demo. Avatar was just some movie that happened to be 3D, nothing special.
    Moo

While I thought the 3D was impressive, the movie was solid enough so it would be enjoyable with or without the affects.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."