vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avatar 3D - A Review

Default Avatar 3D - A Review

I don't go to the movies. In fact, until today, I've only been to the movies twice in the last 30 years: once in 1984 to take my 4-year old son to see ET, and once a couple of years later to take both kids to see Fantasia (my favorite).

But today RULost2? called in an IOU and I had to go see Avatar 3D in Waterville.

Sheesh! Absolutely fantastic movie. The 3d effects made it. A couple of times, I had to stop myself from reaching out to grab these floating things that seemed to be right in front of me. And the colors! Only computer graphics could produce such a range of colors.

Definitely worth seeing!

Glad you got to see it. I saw it the 1st day it came out in 3D also. Quite the movie for sure and for not having been to a movie for all those years it surely must have made quite the impression on you. Now it's all downhill from there...lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Is there any 3D cinema near Bangor?
    Moo

There sure is.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default 3d

Hey Cano. Can you put together a program for all us to locate all 3D theaters in Maine...lat/lon, altitude, just the usual stuff?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I have yet to see that one. Once I am getting a regular paycheck, a trip to the movies will be our treat.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by Team V3 View Post
    I have yet to see that one. Once I am getting a regular paycheck, a trip to the movies will be our treat.
    Sheesh! You may need 2 paychecks! This trip cost us almost $40 for the two of us: $9 each for tickets, and almost $17 for 2 medium popcorn and 2 bottles of water!

OK I have to redefine the question. Where is the closest cinema to Bangor where no food and drinks and retarded kids commenting on everything are allowed to the cinema?
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Is there any 3D cinema near Bangor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    There sure is.
    Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    OK I have to redefine the question. Where is the closest cinema to Bangor where no food and drinks and retarded kids commenting on everything are allowed to the cinema?

Too funny! I'm curious to see how Ekidokai addresses the "retarded kid" conundrum. Is there a cinema that doesn't have a concessions stand?
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Too funny! I'm curious to see how Ekidokai addresses the "retarded kid" conundrum. Is there a cinema that doesn't have a concessions stand?
    Sure there is
    But I wasn't looking for a cinema without a concessions stand, just for cinema where no food and drinks are allowed during the show.
    Moo