vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avatar 3D - A Review

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    OK I have to redefine the question. Where is the closest cinema to Bangor where no food and drinks and retarded kids commenting on everything are allowed to the cinema?
    Nope there are non. Kids are allowed almost everywhere. Some liberal wacko's consider them people too.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

We decided to treat ourselves to this movie (in 3D) today and I was QUITE impressed. I was expecting just a cool action movie with cool effects and little substance but I thought everything about the movie was amazing. If you see it, TRY to see it in 3D. However, you will not be letdown if you do not get to see it in 3D. It will still be a great movie.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

I'm too cheap . . . and since I had a free pass I saw the regular ol' 2D version of Avatar . . . not bad (and very good for free) . . . kind of like a sci-fi version of Dances with Wolves.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

We almost went to see this in the IMAX in New Hampshire this weekend.

Oddly enough, here is an interesting news article about the movie.

Audiences experience 'Avatar' blues

In the words of Bruce, Sheesh!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Here's another article on the same thing - and with more pictures.

I sure don;t feel bad about not being able to go to that planet - too many bugs and stuff!

Sometimes I just have to shake my head and wonder about human beings in general -- I mean c'mon folks . . . it's a movie, not the real world and no reason to get depressed.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

People are so caught up in the movie I guess. YES, real life is more boring and less colorful. Deal with it.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

My wife and I went to see the movie this afternoon on the IMAX in Saco. First time I've been in that theater, even though I live only one town over. Good movie. The special effects were great. I felt as if some things were whizzing by my head as they entered the scene.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

So IMAX in Saco is the only 3D cinema in Maine?
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    So IMAX in Saco is the only 3D cinema in Maine?
    No. We went to the Flagship Cinema in Waterville and saw it in 3D.

But I believe the IMAX in Saco is the only IMAX theater in Maine.