vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winslow Winter Weekend Waypoint Warrior Wingding 6

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    One year Pjpreb's daughter fell into a Big G's whoopie pie and it took four of us to pull her out.
    I don't think Goobie6 wanted us to save her. Those whoopie pies are "wicked good!"
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

My favorite: Miles Standwich . . . it's like having a Thanksgiving Day dinner all wrapped up in one bite . . . well maybe more than one bite.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Wwwwwwww

We plan to be there again. A quarter of a sandwich does it for me! And I need to buy one of those 10 pound cinnamon buns for my 89 year old friend. She can eat off that all year!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Most people wouldn't notice this in the event logs, but we just had a note from GPSFun, who was out Maine cache approver before TAT.

GPSFun is well known to the "old timers", as he has attended several of our GeocachingMaine.org events. So I want to say "HI!" to Brad, and wish he and his wife could be with us.

Default Another fine event!

Sometimes, simple is best and this event is a classic example. Not fancy, requires no gear, just an appetite, but is attended by a a lot of folks who just enjoy getting out and seeing their geocaching buddies. Nice to see another fine turnout. Thanks to Bruce and Teresa for putting this one together once again!

By the way, was there a FirefighterJake sighting at this event? Paul, did that guy you were chatting with sound like a firefighter to you? I thought I saw 2 different guys with Hiram357 nametags. One had to be an imposter and one might have been FFJ!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Sometimes, simple is best and this event is a classic example. Not fancy, requires no gear, just an appetite, but is attended by a a lot of folks who just enjoy getting out and seeing their geocaching buddies. Nice to see another fine turnout. Thanks to Bruce and Teresa for putting this one together once again!

By the way, was there a FirefighterJake sighting at this event? Paul, did that guy you were chatting with sound like a firefighter to you? I thought I saw 2 different guys with Hiram357 nametags. One had to be an imposter and one might have been FFJ!
    HUMMMM - And I think he was carrying a brown paper bag - or one of them was.........

Another great event - a ton of fun. Extending thanks too!

Hmmmmm....

Anyone know a cacher called "madjackone"? He logged as attending the WWWWWW6 event, but the name doesn't ring a bell at all, and I don't see a member of GeocachingMaine.org by that name, although he is listed on GC.com and seems to be a local cacher.

Seems to me I would have remembered him...

Last edited by WhereRWe?; 02-20-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Naw. I think it was Memorex, an incredible simulation.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Bruce and Teresa, thank you for hosting the event, my second. It was great to see caching friends again and to make new friends as well. And....many are right. Don't change the venue. It works. My only complaint, like many events, I just can't seem to talk to everyone I want to.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

That seemed to be a good central location for alot of people, and you can't beat the selection of sandwiches and price. Looked like a great turnout. Thanks.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."