vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winslow Winter Weekend Waypoint Warrior Wingding 6

Once again, I had a great time at this event. It was great to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones. And just to set everyone straight on the rumor, FFJake was not there, I didn't see him anywhere, if anyone thinks they did see him they must have had too much Big-Gs, I hear too much of that stuff in mass quantities can cause halucinations.....

Thanks for the event Bruce, looking forward to next year already!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Awesome event. My youngest is sleeping with his new "geocaching" blanket he won at the event. We had a great time!!! Great to see all the cachers in person and talk shop.

What a great time! We loved meeting other geocachers, especially some of the "big guys"! Also fun to catch up with some folks who started around the same time we did. We'll definitely be back next year, and can't wait for the next event (this was our first!).

I have a question: After I logged my attendance to this event at geocaching.com my find tally increased by 1. Are events considered finds? We're approaching a milestone and we don't want to count wrong.

Default Yes it's a find....

An attended counts as a find just like any other cache posted on GC.com.
    Happy Trails!

Excellent! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    An attended counts as a find just like any other cache posted on GC.com.
    Brad, in honor of the host and event, this should have been prefaced with a "Sheesh".
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Sometimes, simple is best and this event is a classic example. Not fancy, requires no gear, just an appetite, but is attended by a a lot of folks who just enjoy getting out and seeing their geocaching buddies. Nice to see another fine turnout. Thanks to Bruce and Teresa for putting this one together once again!

By the way, was there a FirefighterJake sighting at this event? Paul, did that guy you were chatting with sound like a firefighter to you? I thought I saw 2 different guys with Hiram357 nametags. One had to be an imposter and one might have been FFJ!
    As you may or may not know Dubord I don't attend events, so it must have been Hiram's evil clone . . . Not-so-mini Me Hiram357.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    As you may or may not know Dubord I don't attend events, so it must have been Hiram's evil clone . . . Not-so-mini Me Hiram357.

Despite his denial I have seen FFJ at more than one event.

Also if FFJ is Hirma's Twin which one is truly the evil one? Both seem to be doing pretty good at the war for that title.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Despite his denial I have seen FFJ at more than one event.
    Me too! In fact, at one ORCA event, I actually had him captive in my car for a while!

(And left him WAY out in the woods...)
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 02-23-2010 at 08:26 AM.

Default Mea Culpa!

I'm glad that the issue of whether that was FFJ was clarified. My mistake, the guy I saw was not nearly as "old looking or distinguished" as the real FFJ.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.