I sent in the reservation request for Camden Hills Ski cabin today. I've requested Jan. 22-24th, with the back up being two weekends later. For those of you that didn't hear about last year's event, it's a hike to a cabin. You may stay overnight if you wish, but you need to bring sleeping bags, mattresses, etc. We ate well and got out for some snowshoeing and sight seeing. This is how last year's listing was described.

Welcome to an overnight at Camden State Park!
Tat, LaRoche and I checked out this site a couple of weeks ago and were not disappointed. There is a ski lodge where there are 6 bunks (no mattresses), a wood stove, tables, and lots of room to sleep on the floor. Outside there is a vault toilet, a firepit, a fireplace, and lots of room for tenting. From the main campground on US Route 1, the cabin is 2 miles along a snowmobile trail. There is plenty of parking. After parking your car, go straight through the camping area until you see a snowmobile trail on the left. The trail will immediately fork, the left fork goes up to Mt. Megunticook, stay to the right to the cabin. The trail will climb sharply the first 3/4 mile and then is somewhat flat.
For the more adventurous, It's a 2.8 mile snowshoe in from the road at Steven's Corner. . There is a large parking lot there. It's uphill, but gradual, with some ups and downs.
Snowmobiles are allowed and the trail right to the cabin is a snowmobile trail. So, for those of you that don't want to snowshoe or ski in, you might be able to hitch a ride with someone. Snowmobiles may start at either end.
We've got the cabin reserved for Friday and Saturday night. There are caches in the area, and some great hiking or snowshoeing. Bring some board games, reading materials and cards. Relaxing is allowed!
Terrain is rated 3.5, based on winter condition, the gradual climb and special equipment may not be needed. If you have any questions about the difficulty, what to bring or how to prepare, let us know.
Meals:
Saturday Supper: Pot Luck – Bring something to share
Sunday Breakfast: Tat is cooking for all!
Other meals: On your own

I'll be listing this year's as soon as I get official confirmation on the booking.