vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trackables to Florida?

Default Trackables to Florida?

Hi!

I know this is short notice, but Ben and I are going to Florida on Wednesday. We have been given some trackables to move to south so they don't get trapped in caches under snow. If anyone else has anything they would like us to move south, please let me know. We live in Hermon but I work in Bangor... I can meet up with anyone today, tomorrow or possibly early Wednesday morning. We will cache in Melbourne, FL and Orlando, FL. I've planned a couple TB hotel caches in so that if all else fails we can leave the trackables in there.

Gee thanks for the offer! If I can fiqure out how to connect this new TB from the eustis event to my ear,it would be an even better offer. We were just in Hermon New Years but won't be back this week, but I only have one TB here anyway. Please send back some heat and have a wonderful trip. :-)
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Default Have fun!

Are you leaving via Bangor or Portland airport?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

We are flying out of Bangor.

Sorry I didn't think to mention this sooner I was given 7 trackables to move last night and it dawned on me that other people may also have some.

Can't make it back into town before then. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by benandtina View Post

Sorry I didn't think to mention this sooner I was given 7 trackables to move last night and it dawned on me that other people may also have some.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by benandtina View Post
    You must be taking the Allegiant flight to Orlando/Sanford. When you get back, let us know how it was. RULost2? and I are thinking of taking that flight and renting a car to tour the "back side" of Florida. LOL!

I'd dearly like to be in Florida right now. I dearly love tangerines, and it's tangerine season in Florida! LOL!

(Note: not making any hints... LOL!)

When we lived in Turkey, we could smell the orange/tangerine blossoms from our apartment. We'd go out and buy the SWEETEST tangerines from roadside vendors, and drive down the road eating ambrosia, tossing the peels out the window, and thoroughly loving it.

Sheesh! Yesterday I went down and was plowing my Dad's driveway - got stuck. Had to call a neighbor to pull me out. Then realized my battery was dead. Got a jump, drove to Skowhegan and bought a new battery ($100!), came home and finished the job.

Sheesh! No snow in Florida, is there?
    Last edited by brdad; 01-05-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Bruce edited Ekidokai's post #8 instead of quoted!

I have two that I've had for a couple weeks now that I need to eliminate from my inventory. Not sure where you work but I'm on Union Street. Would love to send them on their way if you'd like to take them. If we can't meet up between then and now, perhaps I could drop them into one of the easy to access Hannaford caches and you could grab them from there in passing? I know the one you got the FTF on is not buried in snow and easy to obtain. If not, no big deal. I'll try and find a spot on Thursday to drop them.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Have fun down there. I think it might be warmer here than some places down there according to the news.

[Edited out Bruce's Comment]
    Last edited by brdad; 01-05-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Edited out Bruce's Comment
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    You must be taking the Allegiant flight to Orlando/Sanford. When you get back, let us know how it was. RULost2? and I are thinking of taking that flight and renting a car to tour the "back side" of Florida. LOL!
    Hello! Actually, we are not taking Allegiant. The fare and dates were more ideal on USAirways, so we're going with that for this trip.

However, we've taken Allegiant in the past and both my mom and mother in law took it to come visit us. They really appreciated having direct flights. In general, our experiences have all been good. Allegiant nickels and dimes you for everything but all airlines do that now so it's no longer a big deal.

I definitely recommend it. My mom and mother in law both had uneventful trips and ours was mostly okay. Part of the plane's ceiling kinda fell off during the flight, LOL, but the flight attendant taped it back together. The thing that fell off was a door to a storage area and she said the latch had been giving her some trouble. In hindsight it was pretty funny but at the time I felt kinda nervous being on a plane that was falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    I have two that I've had for a couple weeks now that I need to eliminate from my inventory. Not sure where you work but I'm on Union Street. Would love to send them on their way if you'd like to take them. If we can't meet up between then and now, perhaps I could drop them into one of the easy to access Hannaford caches and you could grab them from there in passing? I know the one you got the FTF on is not buried in snow and easy to obtain. If not, no big deal. I'll try and find a spot on Thursday to drop them.
    I drive down Union Street to get home, so depending on what time you get out of work we can either meet up or I can stop by the Hannaford cache. I leave work around 5ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai (Actually it was WhereRWe?) View Post
    Have fun down there. I think it might be warmer here than some places down there according to the news.

I'd dearly like to be in Florida right now. I dearly love tangerines, and it's tangerine season in Florida! LOL!

(Note: not making any hints... LOL!)

When we lived in Turkey, we could smell the orange/tangerine blossoms from our apartment. We'd go out and buy the SWEETEST tangerines from roadside vendors, and drive down the road eating ambrosia, tossing the peels out the window, and thoroughly loving it.

Sheesh! Yesterday I went down and was plowing my Dad's driveway - got stuck. Had to call a neighbor to pull me out. Then realized my battery was dead. Got a jump, drove to Skowhegan and bought a new battery ($100!), came home and finished the job.

Sheesh! No snow in Florida, is there?
    You are correct that it is colder there! My mom said it was 29* in Melbourne yesterday but the forecast is showing high 50's/low 60's for most of our trip. Central Florida better not even consider seeing snow I need to go defrost!

I had no idea you lived in Turkey. That must've been a great experience. What took you there?

There is a guy that ALWAYS sells tangerines, oranges and boiled peanuts on the side of the backroad we take to get from my parents' home in Melbourne to my in laws' home in Orlando. We always make sure we visit him I'd be happy to bring you some but I have no idea if lugging around fruit would make getting through security even more difficult.
    Last edited by brdad; 01-05-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Edited Ekidokai post that ws actually WhereRWe?'s

NC is currently a little warmer (but not much) than Maine. I have been following the trends and some days we are only like 5 degrees or so higher.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."