vb:literal>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pictures Don't Lie!

Quote Originally Posted by rcwhit View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. I would like to put them someplace where people can download a bigger picture if they want to print some thing out. On the regular Geocaching picture pages you can download a larger photo and save it. I tried to download one from my album and it was really small. Will doing what you are talking about allow people to download a large picture?
    The articles section of the web site is very much like a forum post, but with a few added features. Mainly, you can edit it at a later date. You should be able to place a linked thumbnail to a larger picture in there, like this:

Clicking on the thumbnail once should take you to a bit larger version in the album. Clicking on the image in the album should load the full resolution image.

Alternatively, you can place a linked medium sized image right in the article, which would probably be even better, like this:

Do you know what resolution the files are you uploaded? They appear to be 400 high and 600 wide now. If the ones you uploaded were larger than that, I think I know what the issue with it is and we can get around that.

Let me know that much, we'll take it one step at a time.
    Last edited by brdad; 01-13-2010 at 10:24 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

The pictures I make are made to print a 4x6" picture and are around 700 KB each.
    Never argue with an idiot, they値l drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

I thought the album might have been resizing them, but it should not be.

Were they jpg?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Maybe Easier?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I thought the album might have been resizing them, but it should not be.

Were they jpg?
    I was wondering, would it be easier just to put them in the Photo Gallery under Geocaching Faces of maybe even start a new one called Humorous Photos or something like that. The Photo Gallery will let people download a large size picture all ready and also would let people place a comment on the ones they liked.
    Never argue with an idiot, they値l drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.

YES they are JPG's

I don't see any reason why you can't upload a large image to the photo gallery.

The gallery would work almost as good, but more people are apt to look at them in an article format, especially if they are posted there in the medium size. The smaller thumbnails on the gallery page are hard to see without clicking on each one individually.

If we can get around the problem of uploading the larger pics to the gallery, posting them in an article is the easy part.

Could you have possibly uploaded smaller versions of your images?
    Does it say there is a maximum file size or image size on your upload page?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I just tried to download a picture of mapachi from his album page and it was only 59 KB so it is the album that will not let you down load a large picture. Most of my pictures I upload are around 300 to 350 KB. When I down load from the Photo Gallery they are 300 KB (same size I uploaded). When I download from the album they are only 45 KB even though the upload was 300 KB. The picture I downloaded from mapachi is to small to work with.
    I didn't use the photo Gallery because i didn't know if every one wanted my "doctored" photos there.

Default Whew!

Got it now. There are restrictions on your individual album pictures where there are not in the photo gallery. I actually thought they were the same. So it was my turn to learn something.

So now I have an easier, much better idea. If We can get Rick to up the limits in the albums, we can make a link to your album in the Articles section without your having to mess with an article. All you would need to do is delete the pics and upload the higher resolution ones.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

The max image size has been increased and you should have no problem uploading the larger images to your album now.

It worked for me, anyway.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

OK, Thanks for all your help! Will try it out tonight.