vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter campout(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Di and I do this every winter. This year we're going to camp iin San Juan mid-March! Anybody want to come along? The "campground" has a nice beach and a pool that has bar stools in the pool so you can swim up the bar if you need one of those fruity drinks with pineapple and umbrellas bristling out the top!
    I'll be there beginning of April. What's the name of the hotel you are talking about?
    Moo

If this happens before I leave in March, I would very much be interested.
    Blazing Troll

I am allsways game for that!!! I even have permision to take ethan this year

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    TAT! Wow, my favorite activity? Well, ONE of my favorite activities! Winter camping.... too bad most others DON'T want to be involved in this fun. I'd be interested in this ind of thing. But why wait till March? I have my "winter preparedness" pack in my Jeep which has my MSR stove, MSR water filter, North Face mountain tent, a OR Bivouac, two sleeping bags, fuel, MSR Denali snow shoes, extra clothes, all kinds of junk all set up ready to go. I need a good excuse to put it all to good use this season! I am VERRRYYYYY interested!
    Did you miss this one? GC22QQZ

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Di and I do this every winter. This year we're going to camp iin San Juan mid-March! Anybody want to come along? The "campground" has a nice beach and a pool that has bar stools in the pool so you can swim up the bar if you need one of those fruity drinks with pineapple and umbrellas bristling out the top!
    Oh, I also like this kind of camping - just can't get that far away during tax season!

I sure didn't forget about the Cabin Fever Event!! It would be a great chance for anyone who is even a little concerned about their gear to try it out. If you get cold, just pull up a spot on the floor!

If anyone wants to see how to get set up cheaply, we could have a display set up at the Celebrate 2009 event. Winter camping does not have to be expensive.

It looks like there's quite a bit of interest in Bradbury Mtn. It's as close to the parking as you can get! It's a great place to have a day event with camping afterward. And, there's lots of caches! Would 6/7Feb be a good time?

I'd still like to go on a bit longer hike if there's enough interest in Webb Lake or Piazza or if someone has another idea.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

TAT it was not you - I wondered about - rather CANO might have missed it. After chat tonight I am sure he didn't. Hope to make that one - where there is a cabin - the tenting ones.......perhaps not but maybe to come for the day. Time will tell. Woo hoo - working Monday - Friday and not weekends!

GC234CN Grab your Snowshoes Again!

This is an easy event to attend. Drop by for just a few minutes or stay the night! Either way just a short walk to the pavilion or the campground.

GC2337H Maine's Winter Camping Event 2010

Back to the bog this year! The wood is cut and the parachute is ready!

And don't forget this weekend:

GC22QQZ Cabin Fever 2010

Camp outside or stay in the warm cabin
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Looks a beautiful, bright, sunny day for Saturday! Hope to see you out there!

We'll be there. Who's planning on spending the night?