vb:literal>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winter campout(s)

Default Yikes!

Please, please, please, Aaron, Hiram, whatever you call yourself, stay the heck away from Sugarloaf. They have 64 inches of new snow, and they don't want it all to melt!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

well since there's no snow here I just bought my lift tickets to Sugarloaf...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    well since there's no snow here I just bought my lift tickets to Sugarloaf...
    Trying out the new bag at the top?

If anyone is interested in camping anyway, there may be enough snow at Mt. Blue State park and there are some other places in the Abbot area that my be accessible.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

We found another site that looks like it has snow (lots of snow!!!) and has parking and allows camping!!

N45°11.213' W70°9.474'

The coords. above are for the parking. The campsite will be within a short ski/snowshoe distance from the parking. We plan to place a temporary "cache" with the coordinates at the coords above.

There are quite a few caches in the area if you didn't find them during the Eustis event!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    We found another site that looks like it has snow (lots of snow!!!) and has parking and allows camping!!

N45°11.213' W70°9.474'

The coords. above are for the parking. The campsite will be within a short ski/snowshoe distance from the parking. We plan to place a temporary "cache" with the coordinates at the coords above.

There are quite a few caches in the area if you didn't find them during the Eustis event!

Aren't those the coords where those silly snowboarders were found after they ran out of pot and their snow forts caved in on them?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Cache To Find

If you're going anywhere near the Maine Huts & Trails Flagstaff Hut, will someone please, please find the cache I put out there a couple of years ago and get the coin I put in it? The coin came from a German cacher who came to Eustis, gave me the coin, which is supposed to travel back to him. It's been in that cache for more than a year now. Thanks!

Is the Carriage Road plowed in the winter??
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

I tried to find that cache last year in winter, but there was too much snow. I hope the coin is still there!

Any chance on getting coords for the get together. I can not spend the night but want to show up.
    Blazing Troll

We don't know exactly where we'll set up camp. It won't be far from the posted coords. I plan to hike back out the place more information in an ammo box at the posted coords.