vb:literal>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winter campout(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I tried to find that cache last year in winter, but there was too much snow. I hope the coin is still there!
    It was there this fall, during the event.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    If you're going anywhere near the Maine Huts & Trails Flagstaff Hut, will someone please, please find the cache I put out there a couple of years ago and get the coin I put in it? The coin came from a German cacher who came to Eustis, gave me the coin, which is supposed to travel back to him. It's been in that cache for more than a year now. Thanks!

Is the Carriage Road plowed in the winter??
    Sounds like an adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Sounds like an adventure!
    A quest . . . perhaps it is time to form a fellowship . . . and we will call it The Fellowship of the Cache.

We shall assemble a fellowship of like-minded souls . . . from the south I Etoh the Great Glassen Dwarf from the Lochocla Mountains . . . from the north you Aaronswen the Great Prince King of the Bangorian Tribe . . . . and also from the north the hobbit known simply as Connie . . . and if luck and perseverance are on our side we may add more to our fellowship . . . from the East mayhaps we may add to our fellowship with the Great White Wizard Maniacinish and his loyal and faithful elven companion QuiltingMommera of the Barneyian Elven Faithful.

Together this fellowship shall be tasked with finding (and signing) the many and legendary Lock N' Lock Boxes with the hope of finding the one true Box that shall rule them all . . . the cache known as the one which was crafted by the most devious and evil of all the cachers . . . Mapachiniininininini and the Dark Wizard Evil Terryon . . . who now dwell on Mt. Doom in the land known as Mordor . . . or simply Augusta . . . a foul and dank place haunted by many evil souls . . . although most know them as politicians.

Three caches for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor/Augusta where the Shadows lie
    One cache to rule them all, One cache to find them,
    One cache to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Mordor/Augusta where the Shadows lie.

---

By the way, Aaron says I need to lay off the Moxie since it seems to be affecting my thinking.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Moxie, yeah thats whats doing it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    A quest . . . perhaps it is time to form a fellowship . . . and we will call it The Fellowship of the Cache.

We shall assemble a fellowship of like-minded souls . . . from the south I Etoh the Great Glassen Dwarf from the Lochocla Mountains . . . from the north you Aaronswen the Great Prince King of the Bangorian Tribe . . . . and also from the north the hobbit known simply as Connie . . . and if luck and perseverance are on our side we may add more to our fellowship . . . from the East mayhaps we may add to our fellowship with the Great White Wizard Maniacinish and his loyal and faithful elven companion QuiltingMommera of the Barneyian Elven Faithful.
    Sit down, bro. Are you sitting? You may never hear this again. Listen to Aaron!
    Oh, and thanks for contributing to spilling my coffee as I laughed.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Cool

Sounds like a box office hit for sure. Either that, or a bad dream.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Sounds like a box office hit for sure. Either that, or a bad dream.
    Oh you wouldn't want to know about my dreams . . . the other night I had a recurring dream about llamas . . . well I think they were llamas . . . maybe they were alpacas. Kept me up quite a bit of the night.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

That must have been a-llarming. Better check that out with a dream therapist. There must be some underlying message for sure. Any ideas anyone?

To get this tread back on track...it probably meant that llarmas should be taken on this winter campout event to carry the cache gear. Yes, I am sure that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post

Together this fellowship shall be tasked with finding (and signing) the many and legendary Lock N' Lock Boxes with the hope of finding the one true Box that shall rule them all . . . the cache known as the one which was crafted by the most devious and evil of all the cachers . . . Mapachiniininininini and the Dark Wizard Evil Terryon . . . who now dwell on Mt. Doom in the land known as Mordor . . . or simply Augusta . . . a foul and dank place haunted by many evil souls . . . although most know them as politicians.

Three caches for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor/Augusta where the Shadows lie
    One cache to rule them all, One cache to find them,
    One cache to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Mordor/Augusta where the Shadows lie.

---

By the way, Aaron says I need to lay off the Moxie since it seems to be affecting my thinking.

I don't know Jake... maybe you should START doing drugs.... it might turn you normal...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.