vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has the forum been hacked?

I have some pretty rugged software and carbonate so, I click on everything just to test it out. The link was OK, just some interesting...er...um...reading materials.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I got it too... Deleted.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I wish I could, but I have not been given the authority. I'm working on something that should take care of this kind of thing.

Ninjas?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

07:24 AM MannInBlackk

Another spam account needing deletion

All of this user's PMs have been deleted and his account has been terminated. We still have a few slipping through the holes unfortunately.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Weird stuff

Thanks Dave for keeping this crap off this site!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Just as a point of interest and a tip of the hat to Rick, Bruce and the others involved, I recently was in Dusseldorf, Germany on business and tried to log in to the site using a public-available network (at a obscenely high price) and the ISP was blocked by GeocachingMaine. So, well done guys. On the other hand, I was able to log in from the wifi available at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Thanks Dave for keeping this crap off this site!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Just as a point of interest and a tip of the hat to Rick, Bruce and the others involved, I recently was in Dusseldorf, Germany on business and tried to log in to the site using a public-available network (at a obscenely high price) and the ISP was blocked by GeocachingMaine. So, well done guys. On the other hand, I was able to log in from the wifi available at the airport.
    We're trying to be REALLY careful about blocking ISP's that might produce real geocachers. Russian, African and Asian ISP's are usually a slam dunk, but we have several members from Europe who are active lurkers, so we have to be careful there. RULost2? and I met one GeocachingMaine.org member in Lisbon, Portugal when we were there. (Sheesh! it was almost 2 years ago!.)

For example, today's spammer came from an ISP in The Ukraine. For those of you who want to experiment, the URL is 91.207.6.74, and it is administered by the RIPE Network.
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 01-28-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Wow! I didn't even see this one. Thanks for jumping all over this.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

European Lurker here :~

I was intoduced to caching by a friend in Maine in 2003 , and I've always been interested on whats happening on "the other side of the pond" .

I'm also an admin of one of our local Scottish forums http://geofrees.org/Forum/index.php
    so no stranger to deleting spammers .

The pattern I've seen on my local forum seems to be very similar to here , the spammers strike in the middle of the night , giving the longest time before detection.

ps if you find a solution , pass it on .