vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: They did it......3K!

Default Congratulations, Dan & Di!

Cache On my friends.

Default Thanks!

Thanks all for the kinds words. As far as the most memorable caches, Di and I have some differences. One of our favorite experiences actually happened last winter in Antiqua. We had spent a day at Runaway Bay, an amazing beach and grabbed a cab to head back to the ship. But, I wanted to get a cache that was basically "on the way" as we fanatical cachers say. I kept showing the van operator which direction the arrow was pointing on my Oregon until we got about 400 feet from the water and an old fort overlooking the bay. When we jumped out, he politely asked if he could come with us. Well, Eagle Eye Di spotted a few bricks out of place in a corner of the fort and the cache was found. This guy was amazed about all this and then "volunteered" to drive us around the island, free of charge, to find more caches! Cool stuff for sure!

Di's favorites are the Witherle Woods caches Frank and Charron put out in Castine. Mine is a 2001 cache, Rocue Bluffs. Our most fun day was caching a Centum with my sister, mmface, and Leone, lena484 and Jim and Brian Stacey, bsstacey and shuman road searchers. My sister found cache #100 that night, a bisson tube tucked under a root with the aid of one of those pen lights people have clipped to their car keys!

But to us, the game is about all the new friends we've met and all the new places we've visited chasing these crazy containers down. For us, it's all good!

Now on to 4000!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Prediction, June 30, 2010!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Now on to 4000!

That is my guess!!

Default Really?

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    That is my guess!!
    4000 by June 2010? Ok, I'll go for it but you need to take over my law practice!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

4000 by June 2010? Ok, I'll go for it but you need to take over my law practice!
    Alright I will do it but I want to work the same hours you do. You know, 8 or 10 a week!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Congratulations to two great cachers...thanks for all you give back to the sport....hope to see you at a event in the near future.

I always enjoy the answers......thanks Dan.

Thanks all for the kinds words. As far as the most memorable caches, Di and I have some differences. One of our favorite experiences actually happened last winter in Antiqua. We had spent a day at Runaway Bay, an amazing beach and grabbed a cab to head back to the ship. But, I wanted to get a cache that was basically "on the way" as we fanatical cachers say. I kept showing the van operator which direction the arrow was pointing on my Oregon until we got about 400 feet from the water and an old fort overlooking the bay. When we jumped out, he politely asked if he could come with us. Well, Eagle Eye Di spotted a few bricks out of place in a corner of the fort and the cache was found. This guy was amazed about all this and then "volunteered" to drive us around the island, free of charge, to find more caches! Cool stuff for sure!

Di's favorites are the Witherle Woods caches Frank and Charron put out in Castine. Mine is a 2001 cache, Rocue Bluffs. Our most fun day was caching a Centum with my sister, mmface, and Leone, lena484 and Jim and Brian Stacey, bsstacey and shuman road searchers. My sister found cache #100 that night, a bisson tube tucked under a root with the aid of one of those pen lights people have clipped to their car keys!

But to us, the game is about all the new friends we've met and all the new places we've visited chasing these crazy containers down. For us, it's all good!

Now on to 4000!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Wow! Congrats!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

. . .
    Sounds like the cache at Fort St. James . . . Heidi and I spent the day there in Antigua . . . I mostly frolicked in the waves, shot some pics, found the cache, took more pics of the cannon and Heidi ended up getting a massage from a Jamaican woman named Stacey . . . and then I got a massage from Stacey . . . wonderful island.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."