vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Stupid Question.....

Default Next Stupid Question.....

Kevin and I like to plan our geocaching trips....pack up snacks and a picnic lunch (sometimes even a small bbq) and make a day out of it. Do you all do that or do you just pick up some while out and about and if you do make a day of it I would like to know what your favorite food is to take.

Today I am making homemade granola with all sorts of dried fruit and other goodies in it, just to take with us when we go. Do you make special things? Maybe you buy a meal from your favorite places...I would like to know that too so if we are in the area maybe we will give your place a try.

anyway just wondering...and if anyone wants the granola recipe just let me know I am happy to share.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Default recipe

already had a couple of people ask for this so after the last one i cut and pasted it and thought why dont i just post it here for anyone who wants it. here it is.....

Granola
    This recipe makes up a ton of this but if you keep it in an airtight container it will keep a LONG time. cant tell you how long as we have never had it around long enough for it to go bad.

3 Cups old fashioned oats
    2 Cups rice Crispy cereal
    1/2 Cup toasted wheat germ or flax seed germ
    1/2 Cup dry milk
    1/3 Cup slivered almonds (we use mixed nuts or peanuts)
    1/4 Cup brown sugar
    2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds ( I put more )
    1/4 teaspoon salt can be omitted if using salted nuts

Combine all of the above ingredients well and set aside.

Then put

1/2 Cup OJ
    1/4 Cup honey
    2 Teaspoon canola oil

in a sauce pan and heat till melted . Remove from heat and add 1/2 Teaspoon almond or vanilla extract.

Add to oat mixture and mix well. Spread on cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Stiring every 10 minutes to allow for even browning. Cool completely and then add dried fruits.

We use all or a combination of the following:
    Dried pineapple, m & m's, dried mango, dried apricots, rasins, dried cranberries, dates, dried bananna, flaked coconut . About 1/2 cup to 1 cup of each depending on your tastes

This is wicked yummy stuff. Hope you like it.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Sometimes we take a snack, sometimes a snack and a lunch, sometimes we just assume we'll find somewhere good to eat. Packing a snack and a lunch seems more sensible, it takes up less time and you can have it wherever you are.

Thanks for the recipe, I think Hollora should add it to her Geocachers recipe article!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

RULost2? usually "has to go", which usually means a fast-food place. And since we're there already...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    RULost2? usually "has to go", which usually means a fast-food place. And since we're there already...
    I think RULost2 and my wife may be related!!!
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

it is a secret club......we all meet in the bathrooms and talk about you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    it is a secret club......we all meet in the bathrooms and talk about you guys!

Hah! It's a conspiracy. I knew it.

Wait a minute. My wife usually doesn't go with me...
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

While a lot of the caches I do, I bring my 4 and 1 year old kids with me. Snacks are definitely involved if we'll be out for a while. I like to have them available as well if we do a long cache walk or hike as it's nice to have a bit of a recharge if for some reason I've had to play "how long can I carry you before my back gives out?" One cache I did that wasn't stroller friendly I carried Cosmo. By the end of the walk, Cooper was tired so I was carrying him on my shoulders and holding Cosmo.
    If we end up doing Halfmile and Mile from halfmile, that will be a childless trip for sure but there still will be snacks. Not neccessarily because I get hungry, but if I end up being the slowest person, I want to make sure I have a tasty snack to give my self a head start on any bears.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Marcipanek and I always make sure we have an assortment of good beers in a cooler in the back of the Jeep..... they sure made Stud Mill (both of our times up there) more lively ;-)

oh great a couple of more idiots out there who drink and drive!!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.