vb:literal>

Thread: Bangor Troop Greaters

Unhappy Bangor Troop Greaters

I'm watching a documentry, That I have seen before, and it's on now during the pledge-a-thon.
    It's about The retired service people who go to the Bangor Airport to officially welcome the troops home, give them phones, food anything they need to make them feel at home.Bangor is the airport they leave and return to this country in.
    It's wonderful and sad.
    You see,
    When they go home, They're lonely, some have no one there. They wait by the phone for the next plane. 24/7 , giving their time for our troops and yet, have no one to help them.
    One man, is a horder, house a mess, yard a mess. Can't move around as much as he'd like
    And I was thinking,
    All the people, in that area , that are so proud to do whatever they've done to support whatever, and NO ONE knows this guy, or try's to help him out.
    No Group to help these older Vetrans that don't have family,
    And How many more , out there, that need Someone or something.
    So, So, Sad.
    My heart breaks evertime I watch it.
    I just wanted to share this witheveryone.

I've never seen the movie, but I've been at BIA when a plane load of troops came through the receiving line. I remember what it was like when I came back from Vietnam, and seeing the expressions on the faces of these troops when these old folks were shaking their hands and welcoming them back brought tears to my eyes.

Whatever their reasons for being there, I profoundly thank them for doing so.

Amen.
    It was neat when the soldier said, "I remember you when I flew out and Now I see you coming home"
    It's a documentry on the MPBS channel.

I have seen The Way We Get By a few times. These people are very much appreciated by the troops. I can't count the number of times I have mentioned in the national chat that I lived in Bangor to cachers who are active or retired military and they have replied that they passed through on their travels and how much they appreciated that the greeters were there for them.

I think this show is currently available on Time Warner cable On Demand. It is also viewable online at the web page I posted above until the end of this month.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

And to purchase - we had watched it on TV a coupleof times and received the DVD for Christmas.

I recently found out that Bill Knight has been "adopted" by a local family. They have taken him right in and made him a part of their family.

Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I recently found out that Bill Knight has been "adopted" by a local family. They have taken him right in and made him a part of their family.

Life is good!
    Thanks for the news CM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post

Life is good!

Thank You Cache Maine for that update.
    It feels good to know that!!!

thanx ,brdad, for the link.
    Opalsns