vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Cache Idea

Default A Cache Idea

Greetings everyone! I wanted to let you all in on a possible cache idea I had. I want to do a tribute to all of my Maine caching friends down here in NC. Before I do it, I want to see how many of you would be open to the idea of me including you. What I want to do is get ahold of some small containers for micros.... I would place these in an ammo can that I already have complete with their own logs. NC cachers would find these micros and place them somewhere and hide a cache with a Maine cacher in its name. Then you the Maine cachers will be notified that there is a namesake cache somewhere else. I figure it may give Mainers a glimpse of a location elsewhere. Also, I think it would be cool for cachers both down here and up there to interact and get to know each other. However, I will not include a seed cache for anyone who does not want to be included. Also, it will be an optional point of the cache. Let me know what you all think!
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Seed Cache!?! Ack! Need I say more? lol
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

LOL I take that as a no from you.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

I'm fine with it. I've already got a tribute cache to me up on SMR. I'll have to go visit it sometime, I guess.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

I do too. But I have yet to check it out. Probably won't for a while now. A long way to commute for a find lol

Put me on the same list as Brdad.

I like the idea. That's as close as I'll get to a trip to the sunny south. I'd even send you some of my pathtags to put in mine.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

One other possibility that someone down here had mentioned is to create a bunch of cards or something. Each card has the name of a cacher up there that has some hides. If someone takes a card, they try to do a similar hide down here. Of course, taking a card would be the optional part and not necessary to get a smiley. This could possibly be done on index cards. Who knows... Maybe any Maine cachers who participate can see if they can pick any of their favorite hides or at least narrow it down to a few.

Now that seems like a unique idea in which the caches hidden might actually reflect the cacher on the card.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I agree. Two people down here have already said they like the idea and would do it. Also, that way the new hides would not necessarily have to be micros.